FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sons first walleye  (Read 4842 times)

HoosierPoleCat

Re: Sons first walleye
« Reply #30 on: Jul 24, 2017, 05:19 AM »
Very nice 1st "eye" picture is worth a 1,000 words. Looks like dad has some competition now.... :tipup:

indianahooker

« Reply #31 on: Jul 24, 2017, 12:54 PM »
great fish guys!

up your odds by putting out 2 more rods on bottom with chubs or gills or something.  i use a 2oz lead, 16" leader and large treble hook. better leave the reel drag loose too.  there are some flaties that will take your rod.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #32 on: Aug 06, 2017, 08:41 AM »
Yes have caught a few but only one was a keeper a lot of 14-15 inchers

bherr24

« Reply #33 on: Aug 09, 2017, 12:26 PM »
you guys been trying those eyes after these rains?

I have tried a few times in the eel now that the water has gotten back down to a fishable level.  Caught 3, but no monsters.  One was a keeper 16 inch and the other 2 were an inch short.

chris458wm

« Reply #34 on: Aug 09, 2017, 02:02 PM »
Congratulations.

bherr24

« Reply #35 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:43 PM »
Tried for catfish this evening on the wabash.  Bite was pretty bad so i threw a jig on my other pole and targeted other species. I caught 4 smallies and 2 saugers that were about 18 inches long.  Also caught a nice crappie.   I kept both the saugers for the frying pan.   Was good to find a hole in the wabash finally that had some toothy critters, i plan on going back when i have more time over the weekend.

bigr

« Reply #36 on: Aug 10, 2017, 04:04 AM »
Good job, it's always fun to find new productive water. Try to understand what makes that hole good and go find a few more just like it. Three summers ago we caught a large amount of cigar size sauger. That year class of fish are numerous and now are all running 18 to 20 inches.   

bherr24

« Reply #37 on: Aug 10, 2017, 12:34 PM »
Big r the area i caught them was a section of river right after a ripple area.  The ripple area while not very deep usually holds some channel cats. Last evening though they just wouldn't hit. Think it's the first time i have been skunked there. I moved downstream in the calmer water and could tell it was pretty deep. Still no luck on cats there but the saugers and bass were there.   Rocky bottom from what i could tell, lot of snags and the fish were thumping it right after it came off the rocks. Good part is it''s right in town here and pretty easy to get to.  I'll get after em again maybe tomorrow and bring more of my walleye and bass gear this time. I wasn't fully prepared last evening to target them lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.