FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FLY FISHING IN SALTWATER  (Read 1329 times)

IceBalls

• I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
FLY FISHING IN SALTWATER
« on: May 16, 2017, 02:22 PM »
ANYBODY UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE??  TRY CATCHING YOUR FAVORITE SALTWATER FISH ON A FLY ROD !!!

THE SALTY FLYRODDERS OF NEW YORK ( a Long Island based club) is now open for NEW MEMBERS.  This is the oldest saltwater fly fishing club in the country !!!! 

You DO NOT have to be a fly fisherman to join..... we can teach you all you have to know to become a proficient fly fisherman in Saltwater (or Fresh)...... all you need is the desire to learn!!

The club meets on the First Monday of each month at:  The Alley Pond Environmental Center on Northern Boulevard, in Bayside, NY (just 1/4 mile East of the Cross Island Parkway, on Northern Blvd.)  at 7:00 PM    Yearly dues is only $20.00 !!!!!

Come on down and meet the guys !!!

rivereddy

Re: FLY FISHING IN SALTWATER
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 08:34 PM »
Man, this hit all kinds of nerves...  My Dad grew up right around the corner in Astoria.  After the war he settled in Indiana where I grew up
and live.  I'm afraid it would be kind of a haul to make those Monday meetings.  On a trip to eastern Maryland, a couple of weeks ago I took
my first "Salty" on a fly. It was a 21" rockfish (Stripah) on an 8 wt with an olive clouser.  The hit was soft, but the runs just about had my thumb smoking.
I got my first taste of saltwater angling catching sea robins off of the piers at Jones Beach in the 60s. Thanks for a jaunt down memory lane...

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.