FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: found a flyrod and reel at Oatka Creek,Leroy,ny  (Read 3340 times)

oatkasut

found a flyrod and reel at Oatka Creek,Leroy,ny
« on: May 17, 2017, 07:08 AM »
On Tuesday, May 15 at the public access point on Oatka Trail Rd. in LeRoy,NY a  fly fisherman was leaving the parking area and left his rod and reel on the ground next to his vehicle at 10:30AM. As soon as he pulled out I noticed his equipment on the ground and moved it to lean against some tree branches in front of where his car was parked. It stayed there for 3 hours  with no one taking it. I have it in my possession and would like to return it. Please PM me so I can get it back to its owner.

lowaccord66

Re: ffound a flyrod and reel at Oatka Creek,Leroy,ny
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Good man! 

Joel Spring

Re: found a flyrod and reel at Oatka Creek,Leroy,ny
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:28 AM »
Congrats on being a decent person.    Maybe try putting in on Craigslist Lost & Found? 

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:40 PM »
oatka...

I'm sure the owner is stressing over it... maybe you could leave your # at local tackle shops as well. My son and I were fishing a trout stream east of the Hudson one morning when he lived in Schenectady and when we returned to the DEC parking lot, he found a sweet little LL Bean ultralight spinning combo laying in the parking lot. I told him we should give it a honest half hour wait and see if someone comes back and if not, take it with us and post it in a local lost and found later. Ten minutes later a Ford Mustang came flying up the road and pulled in. The driver said, "Have you fellas seen a rod and reel anywhere around here?" I pulled it out of my truck bed and handed it to him... the guy couldn't thank us enough!!

That said... if you post it, don't describe it. Make the person who contacts you identify it, there's a lot of cheats out there!!

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

oatkasut

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:01 PM »
thanks for the advise. I lost my rod and reel and found it from talking to a waitress at a diner.Man, was I thrilled and all it cost me was buying Charlie breakfast!Plus I met a friend for life. ;D ;D ;D ;D

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 11:37 AM »
oatka...

I'm sure the owner is stressing over it... maybe you could leave your # at local tackle shops as well.

I wish we had a local bait shop.....

Any update on this? Has the owner been located?
Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

oatkasut

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:42 PM »
I did post a sign where I located the rod and reel. It has been there  for 5 days now and no responces.

oatkasut

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 01:24 PM »
GREAT NEWS! I found the owner and he is thrilled. Thanks everyone for the ideas. The sign I put up at the spot where the rod was left did the trick. ;D ;D ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 01:53 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
You have some good karma coming your way...... :bowdown:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Very well done Mr S.. Youre a kind soul.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 02:55 PM »
 Good deed done!  ;D

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 03:09 PM »
GREAT NEWS! I found the owner and he is thrilled. Thanks everyone for the ideas. The sign I put up at the spot where the rod was left did the trick. ;D ;D ;D
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Gump

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 05:39 PM »
NOICE !

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

youngster

• Just Do IT
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 08:55 AM »
awesome,,,     MAY THE FISH GODS SMILE DOWN ON YOU.      :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 09:01 AM »
Great job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.