FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lamoille River  (Read 2465 times)

Koissu

Lamoille River
« on: May 18, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Finally found my way over to the summer site! Tried hitting the lower Lamoille last night for walleye with no luck. We did however get into some white perch and managed about 18 good sized ones between the two of us. Had to leave at 9:45pm since we ran out of worms.

VT Mountain Musky

Re: Lamoille River
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:08 PM »
The lamoille can be a great river for fishing!  Sure has changed quite a bit in the last 20 years though, a lot of sections i regularly fish are in the process of changing over from prime trout waters to bass and pike water, ashame to see such a great trout fishing river being changed so quickly.  Glad to hear you got on the bite last night

Koissu

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 10:15 AM »
The lamoille can be a great river for fishing!  Sure has changed quite a bit in the last 20 years though, a lot of sections i regularly fish are in the process of changing over from prime trout waters to bass and pike water, ashame to see such a great trout fishing river being changed so quickly.  Glad to hear you got on the bite last night

First time there. Most of the night we couldn't even get a bite so I was happy. Might try further upstream next time, although I didn't see any other launch sites north of the Sears Fishing Access. I never have luck in the rivers near me (Northfield), and find I do much better on the tribs near where they meet Champlain.

crayfish2

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:03 PM »
There aren't any other launches on the Lamoille, but you can motor upstream quite a ways to a couple hundred yards below Peterson's Dam.  Walleye hold in that upper section quite often early in the season and can be caught in the section from the Rt2 bridge to the lake as they drop back after spawning.  Not sure if there are still walleye in there or not, though.  It's kind of a short-lived season.  There should still be walleye in the Winooski River, if you want to travel a little further south.

Koissu

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 01:49 PM »
There aren't any other launches on the Lamoille, but you can motor upstream quite a ways to a couple hundred yards below Peterson's Dam.  Walleye hold in that upper section quite often early in the season and can be caught in the section from the Rt2 bridge to the lake as they drop back after spawning.  Not sure if there are still walleye in there or not, though.  It's kind of a short-lived season.  There should still be walleye in the Winooski River, if you want to travel a little further south.

Good to know. We'd be paddling up there and it's a bit of a hike, probably won't try this season. Winooski is closer so maybe I'll give that a go. My buddy runs a marina right next to the Shelburne Shipyard, so we are going out Wednesday evening in the bay / off the point. Hopefully get into some lakers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.