FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Moosehead now producing!  (Read 3262 times)

duck

Moosehead now producing!
« on: May 23, 2017, 01:09 PM »
I fished Moosehead alone on Friday.  Fished from 9-1 and ended up with 7 salmon and a togue.  I lost 4 other fish! >:(  Darn wind!! 
Next morning I fished a smaller pond with a few other friends and caught 35+ brookies.  Kept 7 12-17".
This weekend should still be hot!

"Born to fish...forced to work!!"

BrookieSlayer99

• Trying to catch big bows and brookies!
Re: Moosehead now producing!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 03:01 PM »
I assume you caught those brookies by fly fishing? IFW sure does have some strict rules regarding FFO and ALO waters, which is probably in the best interest of everyone.

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:23 PM »
I assume you caught those brookies by fly fishing? IFW sure does have some strict rules regarding FFO and ALO waters, which is probably in the best interest of everyone.

Why would you assume that?  Lots of water around Moosehead are not FFO or ALO.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Some nice fish. Trying to get up to camp and fish it this weekend if i can break free
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

jrelaxin

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:25 AM »
Assumptions pay a few fines.
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

gunn308

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 07:31 PM »
We're you up around rock wood what was the water temps. Headed up Sunday fish afternoon and eve and Mon. morn
Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't!

HOTDAM

« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Headed up to Rockwood Friday. I hope all this rain and cool weather has slowed the water warm up a bit

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Why would you assume that?  Lots of water around Moosehead are not FFO or ALO.
A ton of the ones I looked at were FFO or ALO. In the greenville area (within 45 min anyway).

Snopro

« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:04 AM »
A ton of the ones I looked at were FFO or ALO. In the greenville area (within 45 min anyway).
I guess you are judge and jury on this?? Guy catches trout and without any question he is guilty in your eyes! I have fished many ponds around moosehead that are worms or lures for trout!

JDK

« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2017, 11:42 AM »
No dog in this fight but I didn't see where brookieslayer99 assumed anything other than Duck was fishing a FFO or ALO water. 

# SAND

jrelaxin

« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2017, 12:55 PM »
Guess we would have a problem if it said "all lakes" in the county but just can't seem to find it.................. ;)
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

JDK

« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2017, 01:09 PM »
As I said, no dog in this fight but all I saw was where someone assumed that someone else was fishing a FFO or ALO pond or lake.  What was assumed may be  incorrect.  I never saw where brookieslayer said or assumed that Duck was guilty of anything as Snopro clearly stated.

If brookieslayer or anyone else wants to assume that all of the lakes in the County are anything that is up to them.  

added in edit

Duck also never named the smaller pond so who knows................................ 8)
# SAND

Turnbuckle

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2017, 02:59 PM »
You can clearly tell that the first brookie came from a FFO only water. See how it's slightly looking up? Dead giveaway.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2017, 03:12 PM »
Shouldn't it be the other way?  Looking down?

# SAND

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #14 on: Jun 09, 2017, 07:43 PM »
I guess you are judge and jury on this?? Guy catches trout and without any question he is guilty in your eyes! I have fished many ponds around moosehead that are worms or lures for trout!
Where did I insinuate that he was fishing illegally? Please quote it and place it in your response. Most FFO waters still allow 5 fish or 5 lbs. Sure looks like duck is within that limit. I wanted to learn more about his fishing trip in the case that he WAS fly fishing because usually that time of year the water is pretty cold and they are lethargic, so I wanted some tips possibly on how he got them. Don't call people out when they did nothing wrong, FWIW  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.