FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: go to spring time bass bait?  (Read 2050 times)

paulyum1616

go to spring time bass bait?
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Just wondering what your favorite, go to spring time bass fishing technique or bait is?

mine would have to be square billed cranks or large jerk baits.

bootstrap

Re: go to spring time bass bait?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:01 PM »
fire tiger bomber, curly tail jig.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:12 PM »
dynomite
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

step2jimi

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 07:17 AM »
Jerbait and jigs was always my go to. But the chatter bait has a permanent spot on a rod after my first few outings this year.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Husky Jerks, X-Raps and now Shadow Raps.

Thank you for the Rapalas!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Once they move up shallow and until mid-june for me its;
1.)senko
2.)senko
3.)senko

maybe
4.)buzzbait

Mac Attack

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 12:35 PM »

trapper2000

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 02:19 PM »
in reality it  doesn't matter what you toss to spring smallies , they hit  anything  especially when on their beds .....  my concern and  trust me i'm far  from a  tree hugger  is   pull them off the  nest and  it's a  goby  feeding fest ...................I know it's legal but why  bother????

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Lipless crank or spinner bait.   I leave spwaning fish alone too trap. I get a lot of big bass incedentally pike fishing with 1oz and large lipless baits and big bucktails.

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Texas rigged Keitech fat swing impact swimbaits. Pike love em too. I hope to never see a gobie in Conesus, Hemlock or Honeoye.
done dirt cheap!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 06:17 PM »
in reality it  doesn't matter what you toss to spring smallies , they hit  anything  especially when on their beds .....  my concern and  trust me I'm far  from a  tree hugger  is   pull them off the  nest and  it's a  goby  feeding fest ...................I know it's legal but why  bother????

Ha and those 4 inch gobies make a great chowder.. ;D
And mister you know I'm a big bass fisherman. But why are there trout lakes in this state that don't allow catch and realise bass  in the off season?    You would think they would let you keep them all..  States like  massachusetts have a year round season and there are huge bass there.  Guess they don't have the gobie problem?    :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 06:46 PM »
  Ha and those 4 inch gobies make a great chowder.. ;D
And mister you know I'm a big bass fisherman. But why are there trout lakes in this state that don't allow catch and realise bass in the off season?    You would think they would let you keep them all..  States like  massachusetts have a year round season and there are huge bass there.  Guess they don't have the gobie problem?    :-\

hold on dacker  ... I know  catch and release  on  bass is legal and i'm no tree  hugger ...I  didn't make  any laws here  nor  is any other state  how  ever I do fish  Oswego harbor  and  in the  shallows  have  pulled  smallies off their beds  fishing for  rock bass and seen gobys  swarm  into the  nest ...is  it that  goby populated   in the waters  you fish ? I personally  have  no idea  but I know  what I seen  at  wrights landing  and I know  what the  goby population is like  there ....I  simply  question "myself" and  wonder  if  it'a a good idea............ you can do what ever  you wish .... and  lake Ontario  we  do keep  trout year round so maybe  different  fisheries  just can't be  compaired and  i'm not  100%  sure  but  I don't  think the  goby problem  has  hit Massachusetts hard yet ( I could  be  wrong on  this)

Chowdaire

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 07:59 PM »
Jerkbaits and keitechs here too. Last year was the first for me trying the keitech easy shiners and I've been very impressed. I always try the lipless cranks too but no luck other than the occasional pig smallie when I'm jigging them for eyes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.