FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What are everyones fishing plans this holiday weekend?  (Read 1971 times)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
I'll be in Pittsburg chasing salmon on 1st Con and browns on Francis. Good luck to everyone!

stripernut

Re: What are everyones fishing plans this holiday weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 07:34 AM »
Best of luck!
Most holidays (unless I am offshore), to often it's to crowded on the water. For me, I will have a two day yard sale, clean stuff out, keep the wife happy and sell some unused fishing gear, so I can buy more!

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 08:11 AM »
looking for club smallies and largies on beds in the lakes region...have a little honey tucked away that I hit during memorial day weekend...no boat traffic and should be the only one out there...always a good time..enjoy the weekend
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

BrookieSlayer99

• Trying to catch big bows and brookies!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:25 AM »
looking for club smallies and largies on beds in the lakes region...have a little honey tucked away that I hit during memorial day weekend...no boat traffic and should be the only one out there...always a good time..enjoy the weekend
Do smallmouth and largemouth set up beds in the same type of area? I saw a ton of prespawn bass in a warm cove of winni last weekend with smallmouth being in the mix too.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 11:58 AM »
I'll be up in Pittsburg also with My wife and Son. Brad aka Worm Dangler and a few other guys will be up there too. I'm sure the rivers will be busy... So I'll take my boat and do some trolling on a few of the Lakes.

dickbaker

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 03:23 PM »
 ;Going to Champlain (Grand Isle) for the week.  Will troll for salmon and trout in the mornings and cast for pike and bass in the evenings. 
Shown a picture of a 11 lb. salmon taken last weekend?? 
Dick

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Stripers tonight on long island sound.  Bass pike Sat afternoon with wife and kid.  Cape cod canal Sat night into Sunday for more stripers.  Maybe some trout on the long rod Monday...

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 04:54 PM »
I'll be up in Pittsburg also with My wife and Son. Brad aka Worm Dangler and a few other guys will be up there too. I'm sure the rivers will be busy... So I'll take my boat and do some trolling on a few of the Lakes.

Keith good luck in "The Burg" tell Brad I said "HI". I'll be there Father's Day Week with my group of "DV8"s.  :evil:

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Jethro good luck on First you know where to go. Hope to go for "Eyes" on the CT.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 06:37 AM »
;Going to Champlain (Grand Isle) for the week.  Will troll for salmon and trout in the mornings and cast for pike and bass in the evenings.  
Shown a picture of a 11 lb. salmon taken last weekend??  
Dick

Dick Hope you get a good pike. What is the size limit for them?

dickbaker

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 07:30 PM »
 ???vermont treats pike very badly.  You keep a bunch at 20 inches?    Still lot of pike?  But a big one is 36 inches?
Salmon fishing on the Inland Sea was a bust?   Blue Gill for the kids was fantastic??
Dick

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Well, quick and somewhat dissapointing report.. slow fishing most of the weekend. Caught 3 short lakers on First on Saturday, not one salmon. Sunday AM we hit little Diamond and caught our limits of stock brookies which was expected. Sunday afternoon we trolled Francis for 5 hours and the only hit was a 6" brookie. Marked fish everywhere but the water temps were crazy... I saw 49F to 61F over the 5 hours on Francis and I think that really must have the fish not feeding. The weather however was great. Not too hot, no rain until Moday afternoon and a good time had by all!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.