FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good places to camp and fish?  (Read 4700 times)

nhbassman

Re: Good places to camp and fish?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 02, 2017, 02:30 PM »
Coleman State Park in Dixville Notch is absolutely gorgeous.   It's on Little Diamond Pond which is heavily stocked with trout and is easy to fish from shore.  Kid friendly.  The nearby Mohawk River has good fishing at times too.

Thanks that sounds like nice spot.

haightdaddy

« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Anyone know what fishing up on the Saco is like? Going for a weekend in July just wondering if it's worth bringing up any gear??

burgerunh

« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2017, 12:18 PM »
Anyone know what fishing up on the Saco is like? Going for a weekend in July just wondering if it's worth bringing up any gear??

I know the wardens patrol it on the weekends so make sure you get a fishing license.  The couple times in my life I went down I was too preoccupied with partying to care about fishing.

bikrsrule

« Reply #18 on: Jun 10, 2017, 03:45 AM »
haightdaddy I have never fished the Saco but I have been by it several times and I am willing to bet if you put in a little time and effort you will do well there with either worms and spinners or flies. As hard as that river is hit with floaters I dont think many of em fish.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #19 on: Jun 20, 2017, 08:36 AM »
I just got back from a weekend at Lake Umbagog at a remote site. We stayed at R15 which is about 8-1/2 miles up the lake. Amazing experience, really great campsite, good boat access and dozens upon dozens of smallmouth caught. What a beautiful lake. If you don't have a boat you can be shuttled to your campsite with your gear and they will even bring you kayaks and/or canoes. You can stay at the main campground too, and rent kayaks and canoes. The only downfall is it is incredibly difficult to get a reservation at any of the remote sites. The good sites are likely reserved for the rest of the year.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #20 on: Jun 20, 2017, 12:32 PM »
I just got back from a weekend at Lake Umbagog at a remote site. We stayed at R15 which is about 8-1/2 miles up the lake. Amazing experience, really great campsite, good boat access and dozens upon dozens of smallmouth caught. What a beautiful lake. If you don't have a boat you can be shuttled to your campsite with your gear and they will even bring you kayaks and/or canoes. You can stay at the main campground too, and rent kayaks and canoes. The only downfall is it is incredibly difficult to get a reservation at any of the remote sites. The good sites are likely reserved for the rest of the year.

Fished it last Thursday at the southern end. Lots of smallies but no hogs.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #21 on: Jun 20, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Fished it last Thursday at the southern end. Lots of smallies but no hogs.

Yeah, same experience. Lots of fish, biggest weight was 2.4lbs. Fight like hell though.

jibbs

« Reply #22 on: Jul 05, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Get up into the magalloway river..plenty of big girls hiding in all that wood
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #23 on: Jul 05, 2017, 06:48 PM »
Get up into the magalloway river..plenty of big girls hiding in all that wood

Thanks Jibbs hope to be back the end of this month or early August.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.