FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Striper Limits  (Read 2849 times)

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Re: Striper Limits
« Reply #15 on: Jun 13, 2017, 05:04 PM »
Are stripers measured  from the end of the tail or to the crotch of the tail ?

To the end of the tail with both ends squeezed together. :)
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

seamonkey84

« Reply #16 on: Jun 13, 2017, 06:16 PM »
Are stripers measured  from the end of the tail or to the crotch of the tail ?

It's to the tip of the tail with the tail pinched. That said, I'd always check the regs on an official page or book before taking the word of someone on the internet.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

caught_the_fever

« Reply #17 on: Jun 14, 2017, 08:41 AM »
Plenty of factors affecting the population - trawlers are a huge one; mycobacteriosis, etc.  I prefer to focus on things I can control - Stripers Forever has done some great work regarding limits and game fish status, for which I've relayed a few communications as they've requested.  Illegal harvests of multiple fish, shorts, etc is another one.

Funny pic of the grounded boat - there was a sailboat in Portland recently only couldn't give that captain the benefit of the doubt with rock ledges.  He was simply a few feet from shoreline at high tide.  Hopefully he didn't damage his boat too significantly.

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2017, 09:39 AM »
I did the stripersunlimited thing for a long time as well. Lots of emails sent.  Gamefish status would be great although I dont think it will happen.  Look at what recently changed...they reduced the rec limit...but commercial fishing limit is still pretty large...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.