FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Square lake  (Read 7277 times)

weskeagclouser

Re: Square lake
« Reply #15 on: Jun 16, 2017, 11:59 AM »
My new year's resolution was to wear a life jacket every time I step in to a boat. Stuff like this just reinforces how good of an idea that was.
Stay safe guys.

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Jun 22, 2017, 12:45 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  :(

Isn't Square Pond the one where the movie On Golden Pond was actually filmed? Or was that a different Square Pond In New Hampshire?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Stickbait

« Reply #17 on: Jun 22, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  :(

Isn't Square Pond the one where the movie On Golden Pond was actually filmed? Or was that a different Square Pond In New Hampshire?
I believe that was squam lake in NH.

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jun 22, 2017, 05:02 PM »

Oh.  :-[ :-[ :-[
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2017, 09:29 AM »

That is correct. I spend a lot of time on Squam, and if you remember the movie you'd recognize some things.

Alex D. Large

« Reply #20 on: Jun 24, 2017, 08:18 AM »
I just got back from holiday and heard another body was found leaving one more missing. The thinking is the last one will be easier to find after finding the 3rd guy. We've had heavy rains, almost 5" one afternoon, water is still dirty.
  I am heading that way in about 10 days.  Hope they can recover everyone.
Yea cause it is not a relaxing environment with the planes and diver down areas, not to mention the extra traffic on the woods roads. This will probably be the norm since I've heard  that certain sporting journals are encouraging flatlanders to fish it and people on the internet think its' a Hollywood type destination.

teampar

• "It is what it is"

Huemorin

« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2017, 01:26 PM »
Good news.  It can be a bit more relaxing now when I get there Wednesday and hopefully catch some fish

jacksmelt

« Reply #23 on: Jun 30, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Good news.  It can be a bit more relaxing now when I get there Wednesday and hopefully catch some fish
they were turning away fishermen and camp owners till they found the last body. it really upset a lot of people off!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

weskeagclouser

« Reply #24 on: Jul 01, 2017, 06:12 PM »
they were turning away fishermen and camp owners till they found the last body. it really upset a lot of people off!

I gotta say, I don't have much sympathy for people put off by not being able to fish during a body search and recovery.

BigCort

« Reply #25 on: Jul 01, 2017, 07:56 PM »
I 2nd that and have also started were a inflatable vest when I go alone

jacksmelt

« Reply #26 on: Jul 02, 2017, 05:16 AM »
I gotta say, I don't have much sympathy for people put off by not being able to fish during a body search and recovery.
to fish, i agree but to stop the camp owners from accessing their camps? never heard of that before.
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Huemorin

« Reply #27 on: Jul 03, 2017, 09:00 AM »
I had a great few days in paradise.  The fishing action was non stop, although the big ones are very illusive, but the action sure keeps you busy.  It sure is something when you are the only boat out there.  Spent a couple days burning brush from the bad storm back a month or two ago, now have the remote start generator, very nice feature.  will come in handy in the winder for sure, then on the way home yesterday we got a good look at bear which is always cool, plus 3 moose.  All in all a good few days, the bad part is I may not get back up there until the first of bird hunting

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Jul 03, 2017, 11:08 AM »

What can be done for someone that has passed? Sounds like they were being stupid anyway.

JDK

« Reply #29 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:24 PM »
What can be done for someone that has passed? Sounds like they were being stupid anyway.

While you can't fix stupid, you can stay out of the way of those that have to clean up stupid's mess.

I don't get the camp owner thing however.
# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.