FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Summer walleye?  (Read 1533 times)

Walleyechaser96

Summer walleye?
« on: Jun 17, 2017, 10:48 AM »
Does anyone know any good places to catch walleye from shore in the summer time? Info will be appreciated

neonnc3

Re: Summer walleye?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2017, 12:02 PM »
depends on where you live ...Northern In. has several excellent river systems  the upper Kankakee, and the tipppie  river ,offer good late after noon and night fishing from shore till about midnight....3or 4 inch twisters and a 3/8th oz jig at dusk and in to the night.. colors black whit crtrsh  and dark geen mixed in.... cranks work well to and live nitecrawlers and med size shinners or walleye fatheads  also there are bluegills ,crappie , rock bass, bass, pike channel catfish and carp and suckers galore to catch...on the upper river near the little Kankakee, you can catch trout ... just go enjoy , check with your bait shop or get a map online of both river systems.. Kasst bait has an extensive rive experience ..he is in Laporte
Not many lakes that offer shore fishing that are  stocked with walleye  unless you know property owners.. limited shore fishing on laporte's  stone lake ;an it has walleye, as well as pine lake...Bass lake and lake of the woods in breman, also have walleye..... don't forget St joe river in Indiana and Michigan....hopes that helps. I do well at all those places and I fish from shore... ;D

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2017, 02:19 PM »
Thank you. I have always wanted to fish the tippiecanoe but I live an hour and a half away which isn't to bad of a drive but a buddy and I wanted to catch walleye this summer. Going to have to give it a try. Recommend any starting points?

fishcrazy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2017, 08:42 PM »
hit the tippie in fown winamac or at the tippi state park.  lots of access.    beautiful for indiana. check it out

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2017, 07:32 AM »
hit the tippie in fown winamac or at the tippi state park.  lots of access.    beautiful for indiana. check it out
Been there when camping at France Park. Very nice river. Also where the eel and Wabash come together. Not sure but by the 2 dams looks very interesting also.

tater140

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2017, 10:44 AM »
You could also shore fish Sylvan along the dam.  Park acrossed the road at the spillway, walk across the road, and you can walk the length of the dam.  Also may be worth trying by the boat launch.  There should be a bit of shore access there.  I have caught a few eyes at night from both those areas.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2017, 01:38 PM »
Anyone do any good in the wabash during the summer?

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2017, 04:49 AM »
The Wabash is loaded with walleye and Sauger and has good shore/wade fishing. River is for the most part very shallow in the upper portion say from Peru to Huntington. You'll find fish in nearly every area below a ripple that has two to three ft of water. Jigs and crank baits are my go to baits. Old pair of jeans and tennis shoes, in water on a hot summer evening, don't get better than that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.