Fishing
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Home | Forum | Help | Chat | Search | Membermap | ProShop | CharterMember | Login | Register
Myfishfinder.com forum sponsored in part by:
FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle MarCum Technologies The Fishing Tackle Superstore
The board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board
+  MyFishFinder Forum
|-+  MFF US Northeast
| |-+  Maine (Moderators: billditrite, fshnfool)
| | |-+  A few from the coast
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A few from the coast  (Read 630 times)
fish wayniac

« on: Jun 17, 2017, 05:38 PM »

My first trip to the coast. We got  turned away from the first spot do to a town function. Plan B wasn't bad either.We fished from 11:30 to 5 pm and left as the tide was high. Had a hard time jigging for bait so I drifted a Mac chunk under a balloon bobber. On the board with a  Schoolie!

Sean got a pollack on the jig stick and got him in the game.It was out for 10 mins and he was hooked up.He caught 3 striped bass and a flounder. His biggest was 27-1/2" just shy to take home.I ended up catching 3 stripers and 1 huge pollack. It produced as we were picking up. My biggest was about 25". I'm hoping for a hog next time.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2017, 05:43 PM »

Looks like a great time , great pics thanks for sharing
franklin fisher

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2017, 06:53 PM »

Looks like good action.  Nice pics.
TightLinesMaine

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2017, 07:14 PM »

Looks like fun
Twolightskid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2017, 08:11 PM »

Looks like a great trip!   I used to fish there a ton when I was younger, but haven't in a number of years.  I remember talking to an older guy one day there in the late 90s, and he mentioned they used to catch flounder there, but yours is the first I've seen.  I'll have to give it a try there this year.
Phoenix

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2017, 04:45 AM »

Looks like fun. Where's the picture of the huge pollock huh How big was he? Inquiring minds want to know.
fish wayniac

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2017, 07:44 AM »

Looks like fun. Where's the picture of the huge pollock huh How big was he? Inquiring minds want to know.
I didn't mean a huge pollack like what you would catch deep sea fishing. It was caught jigging for bait. We live line mackerel, herring or pollack. Big bait gets big fish just no Hogs showed up this time.
shrinkage

I Fish Therefore I Am

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2017, 09:14 AM »

Awesome post guys! What a day!
Jim C.

Up the creek...and loving it!

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2017, 12:36 PM »

Great fishing off the rocks, Wayne cool  What did you get the flounder on?
MG39

No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2017, 01:57 PM »

Great pics Wayne, looks like you have some competition from Sean. Where's your other side kick?

Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"
fish wayniac

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2017, 03:45 PM »

Great fishing off the rocks, Wayne cool  What did you get the flounder on?
Jim, The flounder was caught on a mackerel jig. Sean thought he had a few on at first since it put up a fight. Also a striper grabbed a bait while reeling in. The striper was on but the sabiki snapped .
fish wayniac

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2017, 03:54 PM »

Great pics Wayne, looks like you have some competition from Sean. Where's your other side kick?
I usually get out fished by Sean. He could catch fish in a mud puddle. Side kick Rob couldn't make it.
Being able to  Fish at the ocean is one of the reasons I moved to Maine from VT. I love the smell of the salt air and the sound of the waves. Catching fish is cool too!
seamonkey84

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2017, 05:44 PM »

Nice! Good to see that your getting into them.  that flounder is interesting, are they commonly caught from shore?
 Ive been thinking about trying some salt fishing, but the few chances I've had to fish, I went with the lakes and ponds that I know. Plus the guy that I usually go fishing with says he doesn't want to "get hook on that drug" lol.  But from what I hear lately, it's so good right now it's silly not to try it hehe

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg
joefishmore

« Reply #13 on: Jun 19, 2017, 12:30 PM »

Nice....glad you put it on....hasn't been much on here and I think stripers online has shut down
JDK

« Reply #14 on: Jun 20, 2017, 01:55 PM »

Very nice.

My wife and I were at that location (lighthouse) last year and there were bass all over the top in that cove.  I, of course, was doing the tourist thing and didn't have a rod with me. sad  Looks like nice water.

"That is the STOP wire but you aren't going to need it.  The outboard isn't going to run anyway."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: