FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thank you Massachusetts!  (Read 1805 times)

taxid

Thank you Massachusetts!
« on: Jun 19, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Flying back to Indiana in the morning and the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 7 day stay here in a cottage on a private lake. Everybody we met here was very friendly and if was fun to come back to a place I lived as a kid.

I'm considering retiring somewhere in New England, continue my fish taxidermy business and rearing trophy size gamefish which I ship frozen all over the country to fellow taxidermists and replica suppliers. One of my good customers lives right down the road here in Ware. (The last fish I sent him was a 22 inch brook trout). The wife and I will stay at different locations in the next few summers from Mass to Maine to get an idea where we might retire. OTOH we may just stay where we are and travel for fun.

Fishing was great although I wish I had had my boat and downriggers here. I hope to post pictures once I get back home on my own computer. All fish were returned to the water unharmed.

Thank you!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: Thank you Massachusetts!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2017, 05:59 PM »
I'm glad you had a great time . Have a safe trip home.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2017, 10:36 PM »
I'm glad you had a great time . Have a safe trip home.

Got home safe and sound. Thanks.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2017, 07:49 AM »
did you manager to get to Mirror lake in Devens?
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2017, 09:20 AM »
did you manager to get to Mirror lake in Devens?

Yup got there twice.

See:

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=73347.0

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the visit. 

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2017, 01:24 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the visit.  

Thank you.

I wonder who the guy was in the purple kayak?

Could have been my old contact for all I know. I was going to call him once I got there but left his phone number at home. ::) Hadn't made contact with him for several years. His ex-wife got him to call me when I was still in Indiana, but I really didn't want to call her again for the number.  ;D  Kudos to her for getting in touch with him and giving him my phone number.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jun 21, 2017, 01:54 PM »
BTW at some point since my last visit a new aquatic weed has shown up in Mirror Lake. It's even in the swimming area. It's Curly Leaf Pond Weed (Potomogeton cripus).

https://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/factsheet.aspx?SpeciesID=1134

Hopefully it doesn't become too invasive but it can grow at tall as 30 feet from the bottom. There was a very thick curtain from the bottom in about 20 feet of water on the south size near the cove on the east end. Out about 30 feet from shore. I saw some floating, but no idea what had cut it off and broke it loose. Perhaps the cormorant I saw?

And there is a bloating very large raccoon laying in the intermittant stream that runs into the lake to the east of the swimming area. Couldn't tell what killed it, or if it died from natural causes. It won't be pleasant when the swimming area opens! I hope no one is near it when it explodes!

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2017, 04:45 PM »
Contacted the very nice lady that runs the swimming area and she had given the bloating raccoon a proper burial. No sense in any of that making it's way into the nearby swimming area.

As far as the curly leaf pond weed, I did tell her that boaters gets a bad rap for bringing in exotic weeds, but birds are very good at doing so. All the aquatic weeds in my ponds have come in via birds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.