FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Mulberries Are Coming........The Mulberries Are Coming!!!  (Read 5164 times)

zwiggles

Re: The Mulberries Are Coming........The Mulberries Are Coming!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2017, 03:19 PM »
Something I never thought I would say or write but.... nice "fruit fly's"!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Well.......that's a way to name them.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #17 on: Jun 26, 2017, 09:30 AM »
Yo Bob,

Looking for an update. I am truly interested in trying myself.  You are never too old to learn. Eh?

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #18 on: Jun 26, 2017, 01:51 PM »
Yo Bob,

My mulberry tree yields green mulberries. I noticed yours were more reddish. Any difference in effectiveness I might need a pm on tying method. They are by nature very soft.  

zwiggles

« Reply #19 on: Jun 26, 2017, 03:06 PM »
I do not know, but would guess the fruits get darker as they ripen, and eventually fall off once they get to the darker colors. But we all know what happens when one assumes.... something hung about "you and me".

Swampking89

« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2017, 04:40 PM »
There are two different variations of mulberries.my aunt had both the white and purple.not much difference in taste.the whites were a lot smaller.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Jun 26, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Sometimes the fruits are mixed on the same tree. The trees I fish are primarily a dark purple when ripe. I've seen both.
Tying would be a simple change of color Jim.

Somewhere in my fly tying thread is a tutorial on how I do them. Let me know if you can't find it.

I checked the waters near my favorite spots this morning and they're very stained. It leads me to believe that tossing flies to sight feeders might not work. I was thinking of harvesting some fruits and tying them in egg sac material. I'm pretty sure it would hold together for a fly rod presentation.

Gotta go with the flow....ya know ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MattyP123

« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2017, 06:16 PM »
I was thinking of harvesting some fruits and tying them in egg sac material.

Gotta go with the flow....ya know ;D

Rg
Cheater!  :laugh:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Jun 26, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Every chance I get ;D

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Jul 01, 2017, 02:39 AM »
Well, I might get the big skunk this year. The water is chocolate milk from all the rains we've had. The fish are probably there, but they're not gonna be sight feeding. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow anyway.

Rg

finsntins

« Reply #25 on: Jul 01, 2017, 06:03 AM »
when i was living in n.j. and carp fishing,i would pick a berry off the tree and use a small aberdeen hook and put the berry on the hook,you can feel the hook go through the stem and throw it under the tree,no weight,leave the bail open,i like to crush the berry lightly to get the "juices" coming out.the carp will find it!!!!or a snapping turtle will.
MISS B.HAVEN' SPORT FISHING

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Jul 01, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Theres a tree on the trail I walk. I was thinking I might harvest some berries and tie them up in egg sac material. All I have to do is figure out how to get something up high enough to catch the berries. The teee is kind of off the trail and in some nasty brush. It's been raining pretty hard this morning so far.

Maybe I'll take a walk later on.

Rg

Bartman44

« Reply #27 on: Jul 02, 2017, 06:08 AM »
Boy did it rain. No river fishing around  here anytime soon.

So I did deploy your heavy furled leader in Maine last week. It performed well in front of Deceivers and other sand eel imitations and the stripers  didn't seem to mind it.  Unfortunately, on my third morning at 3am fishing a tidal outflow, my rod broke in half for no reason (OK the rod is 20 years old) right at the ferrule and it was the only fly rod I brought on the trip.  :(   My last two mornings  were spent with spinning gear, all in all,  caught about 100 stripers to 30" all between 3am and 6 am, as the bite died when the sun came up.       

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Jul 02, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Too bad about your rod Bart. Stinks when you lose an old friend like that. Glad the leader worked out for you.

Let me know if you need any others.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Jul 02, 2017, 09:37 AM »
Forgot to say, the Canal is as high as I've ever seen it and chocolate milk. Didn't even try this morning.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.