FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: VALPO AREA  (Read 1396 times)

trjordan09886

VALPO AREA
« on: Jun 23, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Where are the fish? I've been out on Long lake 3 times (struck out) out on loomis once got a small gill. and out on a small pond at countryside park once and caught a few gills and cat fish. all in all i've been out on the water for 15-20 hours and caught maybe 5 fish... anyone want to lead me in the right direction.

Spooled85

Re: VALPO AREA
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Gotta hold your mouth right  ;D

netminder34

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2017, 05:19 PM »
I haven't fished much around Valpo in the past couple years, most of my fishing has been through what ice we get.  But I stopped targeting them due to the lack of fish.  Most of the guys at work talk about the same thing, used to be decent lakes for a decent meal or two of gills and they just don't seem to be that way anymore.  I venture out more and more but haven't got much to say about NWI and have been going north.  After the next vacation/camping trip I will be venturing east a little to see what is that direction.

trjordan09886

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2017, 12:05 PM »
found a nice little pond in Porter, 20 or so gills, but all were small. but at least i'm catching fish!

Jig_Head

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2017, 12:30 AM »
found a nice little pond in Porter, 20 or so gills, but all were small. but at least i'm catching fish!
There ya go. I was just gonna say branch out away from valpo. I hit loomis and long pretty good during ice but don't fish em open water. MAYBE once a year open water

Jig_Head

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2017, 12:34 AM »
I assume you live in valpo as you've asked about the valpo chain on here and iceshanty before. Bounce around the area a bit. Try the laporte lakes, fish lake, lake michigan etc

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.