FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: boat registration  (Read 1172 times)

james1981

boat registration
« on: Jun 24, 2017, 10:58 AM »
 Anyone encountering problems with getting their boat registration?  I paid and renewed online on 6/1/17 and have not received my sticker or registration yet.

lowaccord66

Re: boat registration
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2017, 05:45 PM »
CT had an issue with that.  We registered ours in the wifes name so she goes and does the renewal in person so we get everything right then.  Good luck!

manitron

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2017, 06:20 PM »
Anyone encountering problems with getting their boat registration?  I paid and renewed online on 6/1/17 and have not received my sticker or registration yet.

Got my paperwork/sticker in a week recently.

james1981

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2017, 09:18 PM »
 Thanks,  My reg was out on 6/13/17 and I am hoping that it all gets worked out on Monday. I will have to call them... I am also wondering if they didn't mail it until it actually expires... But its Massachusetts, payment cleared... LOL

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Just did mine first of June. Took about a week and a half to get it back.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2017, 04:17 PM »
Renewed mine 6/8 here we are two and a half wks latter nothing.....called 6/23 was told it was renewed in system still no paper work received.  ??? ??? ???

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2017, 01:00 PM »
In a case like this you should print out the confirmation of payment from the website and carry that with you.

When I renewed my driver's license inline, and needed proof of a valid license I would print and carry a copy of the confirmation of renewal/payment as proof.
Surely the powers that be are smart enough to use the computer/laptop that they all are required to have, and they can easily check.

I mean, heck, the fishing license goes as far as saying the signature for your license in "electronically verified"....so checking a boat reg should be a piece of cake!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

james1981

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2017, 02:49 PM »
 Finally resolution to the issue,  I spent an hour and twenty minutes on the phone waiting to talk to a representative from boston. I hung up, called back and still a wait. So two options, continue on hold for hours on end or go to the office in Worcester ( the closest office to me) 45 minutes away. I spent an hour waiting in line, which is pretty good when you figure there are two people running the counter. I explained my situation to the actual person, 15 minutes later left with a new registration and decal for the boat.
 Two reasons I didn't want to wait, one anyone on the phone can make promises, I didn't want to wait another 2 weeks for registration I already paid for, plus I cannot use the boat as the temporary registration is only valid for 15 days. I didn't have my decal either. Yes I could have waited and ran the boat anyway but not doing anything would have been worse as its been 24 days since I paid them, any longer they may not have reissued the decal without payment.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Did mine on 6/22 and got it back one day last week. I was on vacation so I don't know what day I got it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.