FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Photobucket issues  (Read 14358 times)

fish wayniac

Photobucket issues
« on: Jun 28, 2017, 07:03 PM »
Hi All, Is anyone else having issues viewing photos from there post? I can not see my pic's or Jim C's pics but others I can? When I click on a pic from photobucket it says 3 rd party hosting has been temporarily disabled.I can see them in my library but when I click on a pic I get that notice.

stripernut

Re: Photobucket issues
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2017, 06:49 AM »
It is not just you... They are either having problems or are trying to get up to pay for premium service... We will need to wait and see which it is.

fishinjohn

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2017, 08:07 AM »
I still cannot figure put how to post pics from my phone using photobucket.. this is a pain in the arse

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2017, 10:38 AM »
You may have exceeded your allotted bandwidth for the month, I'd wait 'til July 1st and still see if you are still having this issue.  (I use photobucket as well)

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724504-What-does-Bandwidth-Exceeded-mean-

weskeagclouser

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Switch to imgur. Way easier and more stable. Plus, they scrub all the identifying data from the photo, such as your phone info and location.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2017, 07:19 PM »
There are a lot of people aggravated about this.  I'm holding till July 1.  If the problem persists or continues to pop back up, I'm going elsewhere.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2017, 07:20 PM »
I deleted about 60 percent of my photos and photo bucket's tally of my bandwidth did not change. Seems kind of dishonest.

The wife keeps telling me to go to Flickr.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinjohn

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2017, 03:36 AM »
Photobucket is the only way to download pics on here correct? Maybe one of the modifiers can suggest to someone to have this site allow other options for downloading pics?  I have tons of pics is post but just cannot seem to make photobucket work
Other sites I have been on in past that were way less of a site made it super simple to post a pic, it can't be that hard for them to make a change for us users

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Photobucket works fine for me most of the time. But when they do an upgrade it always seems to take a week or so for the bugs to get worked out. I've tried other sites, but none seem to work any better.

Right now it seems that they're trying to get rid of inactive accounts or coax people back onto the site. If you haven't uploaded pictures in a while, they want you to update your account.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bee

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2017, 07:39 AM »
I had lots of problems when i used Fire Fox.
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

fishinjohn

« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2017, 07:54 AM »
I've never used it and cannot figure it out.. I'm about out of patience with it.. no computer just my phone...

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Knock on wood it's been slow some days but seems to be working for me

caught_the_fever

« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Having issues as well, tried every form of sharing option through photobucket and gave up.  Sorry guys and gals for the bad link on the help fishing salt thread.   I was going to drop a few pics of a few stripers caught on topwater with the fly rod but had to throw in the towel, only so much time in the day!  

I'm sure there are very valid reasons for the manner by which pictures must be shared but I'm on another forum where you can just drag and drop directly into your post.  Quite easy.  

seamonkey84

« Reply #13 on: Jul 02, 2017, 09:16 AM »
Testing my Photobucket here, I just saw a coupe posts that the pics weren't showing and said that a paid subscription is needed for 3rd party hosting
A small pike I recently caught
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jul 03, 2017, 12:06 PM »
I was well below my allotted free storage recently and now all of a sudden I've allegedly exceeded it. I call bull****! And like I said in a previous post I deleted a substantial amount of photos previously (still below the limit before that) and my tally never changed.

I'm all for a business making money but when they are dishonest I move on. I will be changing soon.

Oh man I read the new terms of agreement.

There are three tiers of membership. The first two do not allow third part hosting. The third level (the highest one) that allows third party hosting his $400.00 per year!

I sure hope photobucket knows what they're doing as they are going to lose a lot of members.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.