FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Came across an awesome resource for fishing trips!  (Read 2395 times)

taxid

Came across an awesome resource for fishing trips!
« on: Jun 29, 2017, 11:52 AM »
It's called Air BNB and is basically a free listing of houses, lake cottages, mountain cabins etc. you can stay in for about the same cost as a hotel or better. Listings are all over the world.

Just stayed at a home for a week on a private lake Massachusetts with the wife and it was about $100.00 a day, which included a boat and pier. Never saw the owner that lived in Boston, but he was always available by texting if we had any questions.

And no I'm not affiliated with them or doing a plug for them,  or a Spammer. Just thought some of you might be interested in this resource for a fishing trip.

At the end of your stay you can give feedback as does the owner.  It couldn't have been a more relaxing stay for us along with a rental car we picked up in Boston, and could go anywhere in the state.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

Re: Came across an awesome resource for fishing trips!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2017, 12:21 PM »
Glad you had a good experience with Air BNB, many do, but there are some scary stories on both side, renter, and rentee)...

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Glad you had a good experience with Air BNB, many do, but there are some scary stories on both side, renter, and rentee)...

That's true with about anything isn't it? And that's what the feedback is for. Did see one from a renter that said, "A 12 year old can sure do a lot of damage." That family will have a hard time renting again on that site.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

walpy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2017, 03:09 PM »
Never would have thought you'd get boat access with it too!

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Never would have thought you'd get boat access with it too!

It was just a canoe but it did the job. Could have had a fish fry every night if I wanted to. Lots of crappie (calico bass), yellow perch, and bluegills on a twister tail jig just drifting in the wind with the canoe. Decent size too.  Even got some bass but I didn't target them.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2017, 07:24 PM »
No air bnb for me.  Just like I dont use Uber.  Lack of regulatory oversight means any old joe can do it.  Joke with my wife that all we need is some homeowner recording his bedroom...no thanks!

Glad to hear you had a good trip!

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2017, 11:07 PM »
No air bnb for me.  Just like I dont use Uber.  Lack of regulatory oversight means any old joe can do it.  Joke with my wife that all we need is some homeowner recording his bedroom...no thanks!

Glad to hear you had a good trip!

To each his own. It beat a hotel room and was about the same price. And was very clean, fairly new, and well decorated and functional. The guy that rented it to us is an artist in Boston.

At the age my wife and I are it would be a disappointment to see us intimate.  ;D

Here's a couple pics of the house itself looking from the lake. It's bigger than it looks.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2017, 11:17 PM »
Here is the view walking down to the cottage from a dirt road. Fairly remote and very quiet which I alway like.

stripernut

« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2017, 07:35 AM »
That looks very relaxing!

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jul 09, 2017, 07:42 AM »
That looks very relaxing!

It was. My wife does not fish with me and was perfectly content to chill out at the cottage.

The only noise we heard was a guy about 200 yards away with his weed whacker one day.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Hahahah well said!   Nice looking place!

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2017, 06:15 PM »
delete

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.