FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sebago salmon  (Read 18315 times)

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
Re: sebago salmon
« Reply #60 on: Aug 07, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Lets get after em!!!

fishlessman

« Reply #61 on: Aug 08, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Lets get after em!!!

i need to see some pics, some encouragement ;D get out there

saterday 6 rods, 5am to 1,  several 8 inch salmon and a couple fat togue. sunday 5am to 12, several salmon under 8 inches, a couple fat togue, and the highlight, a 16.5 inch skinny skinny salmon. best day in a month. still not seeing any baby smelt clouds

seamonkey84

« Reply #62 on: Aug 08, 2017, 02:12 PM »
just over a week ago I went out and landed 4 togue, three were in the slot. Still no salmon but it was only my second time catching togue so it was an last either way (I've only caught one before that). We were fishing around a hump so we only needed 4 colors of lead core out.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fishlessman

« Reply #63 on: Aug 08, 2017, 02:42 PM »
just over a week ago I went out and landed 4 togue, three were in the slot. Still no salmon but it was only my second time catching togue so it was an last either way (I've only caught one before that). We were fishing around a hump so we only needed 4 colors of lead core out.

just so you know, thats the secret spot ;D

fish wayniac

« Reply #64 on: Aug 08, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Chi, You got into some nice togue. If you can find the humps they hold some fish without having to use downriggers.

seamonkey84

« Reply #65 on: Aug 08, 2017, 06:51 PM »
just so you know, thats the secret spot ;D

Oh? Funny thing is we saw about 5 boats doing their laps around the other side of the lake when we were on the way out there. I do all my posting from my phone so I don't get to blur or do a Bob Ross impression to the background.

Chi, You got into some nice togue. If you can find the humps they hold some fish without having to use downriggers.

This trip out I got to catch all the fish since I had the hot lure for the day it seemed. We had four lines out, all at the same depth (once we figured how many colors), but all four fish that day were on my one rod.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fishlessman

« Reply #66 on: Aug 09, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Oh? Funny thing is we saw about 5 boats doing their laps around the other side of the lake when we were on the way out there. I do all my posting from my phone so I don't get to blur or do a Bob Ross impression to the background.

This trip out I got to catch all the fish since I had the hot lure for the day it seemed. We had four lines out, all at the same depth (once we figured how many colors), but all four fish that day were on my one rod.

just kidding, theres nothing secret about that spot, i fished it sunday and there were 3 other boats fishing around that hump. the togue fleet numbers are way down, normally theres a dozen and a half  plus fishing it and the hole just south of it.  there should be young of year smelt on it in the early morning even dimpling the surface right now, still not seeing them

Turnbuckle

« Reply #67 on: Aug 09, 2017, 11:44 AM »
just kidding, theres nothing secret about that spot, i fished it sunday and there were 3 other boats fishing around that hump. the togue fleet numbers are way down, normally theres a dozen and a half  plus fishing it and the hole just south of it.  there should be young of year smelt on it in the early morning even dimpling the surface right now, still not seeing them

I'm seeing them, and finding lots of dead ones. Just not where I typically do.
I'm not fishing for salmon so can't speak of they are onto them. Plugging away at the togue in hopes of a largish one. Changing locations and tactics, but it's much of the same. Fish up to 30 inches, but can't break it this year. My kids caught literally dozens of 23 inchers last week. One day my oldest caught over 10 and said "Are you sure this isn't the same fish?"

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

fishlessman

« Reply #68 on: Aug 09, 2017, 12:12 PM »
I'm seeing them, and finding lots of dead ones. Just not where I typically do.
I'm not fishing for salmon so can't speak of they are onto them. Plugging away at the togue in hopes of a largish one. Changing locations and tactics, but it's much of the same. Fish up to 30 inches, but can't break it this year. My kids caught literally dozens of 23 inchers last week. One day my oldest caught over 10 and said "Are you sure this isn't the same fish?"

ive never been in so much search mode, i can usually stay on the salmon week to week and pick an area and stay on it. this year i dont think ive missed a spot on the big bay. i dont fish the south end and avoid jordans bay like the plague.  have caught a few togue about 28 and a few under 10 inches but pretty much they are coming in at 23 and im not fishing for them. the salmon are really small and skinny right now. 

Turnbuckle

« Reply #69 on: Aug 09, 2017, 01:15 PM »
ive never been in so much search mode, i can usually stay on the salmon week to week and pick an area and stay on it. this year i dont think ive missed a spot on the big bay. i dont fish the south end and avoid jordans bay like the plague.  have caught a few togue about 28 and a few under 10 inches but pretty much they are coming in at 23 and im not fishing for them. the salmon are really small and skinny right now. 

I'll likely try for some salmon tonight. I don't know if my new electronics - helix 7 - is junk but I haven't marked as much as a handful of fish and hardly any bait. For that matter I don't even think it marks my rigger balls. I'm going with POS for $500 Alex.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

fishlessman

« Reply #70 on: Aug 09, 2017, 01:24 PM »
I'll likely try for some salmon tonight. I don't know if my new electronics - helix 7 - is junk but I haven't marked as much as a handful of fish and hardly any bait. For that matter I don't even think it marks my rigger balls. I'm going with POS for $500 Alex.

you are the third person i know that said they think their fishfinder is broken this year because they arent marking. i dont think its broken

Turnbuckle

« Reply #71 on: Aug 09, 2017, 08:39 PM »
you are the third person i know that said they think their fishfinder is broken this year because they arent marking. i dont think its broken

Well we found some smelts and they were infested with fat togue. Caught some porkers in the 26 or so inch range. One salmon 14 inches. Probably fished salmon one hour, togue for 3.

As for the finder, it's a little complex for me but I got into some screens that are changing the frequencies with start and end ranges which I ha e no clue what they do, but adjusting them I started picking up small schools and fish on them. Finally as marking the downriggers balls again. Gotta PDF the manual and read up on it.

jrelaxin

« Reply #72 on: Aug 10, 2017, 05:51 AM »
Yeah I'm still waiting for fishless to drop by with the donuts when I'm out there most fri or sats. Lots of short salmon and a few togue so far,
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

fishlessman

« Reply #73 on: Aug 10, 2017, 07:23 AM »
Well we found some smelts and they were infested with fat togue. Caught some porkers in the 26 or so inch range. One salmon 14 inches. Probably fished salmon one hour, togue for 3.

As for the finder, it's a little complex for me but I got into some screens that are changing the frequencies with start and end ranges which I ha e no clue what they do, but adjusting them I started picking up small schools and fish on them. Finally as marking the downriggers balls again. Gotta PDF the manual and read up on it.

they are making these finders too difficult to use now, took me a summer to get mine setup a few years ago, to the point i just put one rod out and concentrated on it. right now if i lost my settings it would be back to the book.  put a new finder on the transom this weekend just to test it out for another boat we have and get used to it, couldnt get it to stay on, assuming its voltage because i havent charged the batteries in a while, lowrance was showing less than 11 volts, garmin would start and fade out. never had these problems with the old hummingbird

fishlessman

« Reply #74 on: Aug 10, 2017, 07:24 AM »
Yeah I'm still waiting for fishless to drop by with the donuts when I'm out there most fri or sats. Lots of short salmon and a few togue so far,

its time to start throwing donuts at the bio but maybe thats why im not seeing him lately ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.