FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: photbucket third party hosting??  (Read 4189 times)

dickbaker

photbucket third party hosting??
« on: Jul 11, 2017, 09:40 AM »
 ??? Ok!  What is photobucket third party hosting going to cost me??
Dick

zwiggles

Re: photbucket third party hosting??
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:00 AM »
There's an in depth thread on the Maine board about this.

fishlessman

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:43 AM »
399.99 a year and not sure how long that will last

dickbaker

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2017, 11:27 AM »
There's an in depth thread on the Maine board about this.

The Maine site only confirms that photobucket demands $399 per year to provide my photos for other forums??
I swapped to imgur but I can't seem to get it to paste anything more than the URL code with no photo? 

This is big time stuff for forums that depend on photos and videos!!

Dick

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2017, 12:05 PM »

Dick click on the one that says forums You should be fine , I've been posting off imgur I think it's easier and most deffently quicker

fishlessman

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2017, 02:58 PM »
The Maine site only confirms that photobucket demands $399 per year to provide my photos for other forums??
I swapped to imgur but I can't seem to get it to paste anything more than the URL code with no photo? 

Dick

ive been posting the pics to a forum that hosts on site, easy to get the link there after posting and bring it here, it posts off my computer straight onto the big green egg site. just have to post the fish and the cook there, then bringing them here is simple.  this site needs that feature or its going to crumble

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:06 PM »

Dick

Right, so it answers the question you had posed.

That thread also answers your new question about how to post pics as opposed to the URL code.

I guess I am in the minority, but the photos on old threads, and forums do not generate any revenue for PB. They do however cost PB a rediculous amount of money to support. At least they are letting us know about the change, and giving users a chance to move them elsewhere. It is Better than the company continuing down the road to bankruptcy.  Then we wouldn't be able to get any pics back.

zwiggles

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:10 PM »
ive been posting the pics to a forum that hosts on site, easy to get the link there after posting and bring it here, it posts off my computer straight onto the big green egg site. just have to post the fish and the cook there, then bringing them here is simple.  this site needs that feature or its going to crumble

It would cost a crazy amount of money for MFF or IS to host the images locally. Unless they move to a "pay for play" model I don't see that happening, but I would love to be wrong.

dickbaker

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:33 PM »
Dick click on the one that says forums You should be fine , I've been posting off imgur I think it's easier and most deffently quicker

You'll have to run me through this??   I have my photo on imgur and I can click "copy" and see the URL.   I haven't found a place on either  imgur or MFF messageing where it say "forums"   Maybe this is too complicated for old guys??
Dick

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2017, 05:50 PM »
You'll have to run me through this??   I have my photo on imgur and I can click "copy" and see the URL.   I haven't found a place on either  imgur or MFF messageing where it say "forums"   Maybe this is too complicated for old guys??
Dick

You need to copy and paste the one that says:

BBCode (message boards & forums)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

dickbaker

« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Taxid?    brought up my photo at imgur .  dropped down and clicked share which offered my to copy at BB code sites.  I pushed copies and went back to MFF message post and clicked paste.   Still nothing but the URL code.   No picture??

Dick

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2017, 09:50 PM »
Taxid?    brought up my photo at imgur .  dropped down and clicked share which offered my to copy at BB code sites.  I pushed copies and went back to MFF message post and clicked paste.   Still nothing but the URL code.   No picture??

Dick

I don't click share. I think it's to share with others on the Imgur site. Just click on your photo to bring up the link options. They will show up on the right. Then you copy and paste the BBCode (message boards & forums) link.

Click reply in the thread and paste in the box. Then click post.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Jul 12, 2017, 08:59 AM »

trying Postimages and it seems to work fine
Dick

Do you have an option to make the picture larger? With Imgur you have all of the following size options:

Sizes:  Original · Small Square · Big Square · Small Thumbnail · Medium Thumbnail · Large Thumbnail · Huge Thumbnail

dickbaker

« Reply #13 on: Jul 12, 2017, 06:43 PM »
taxid?   Never noted sizing options at imgur.   Maybe something  that is available when downloading new photos?
Dick

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jul 12, 2017, 09:23 PM »
taxid?   Never noted sizing options at imgur.   Maybe something  that is available when downloading new photos?
Dick

Not sure what you mean. I am referring to pictures that you've uploaded from your computer browser and you want to 3rd party post on a forum.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.