FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: whites  (Read 1731 times)

kfishdoctor

whites
« on: Jul 16, 2017, 08:09 PM »
Had a great day on shelbyville for the whites on sat. It is my fish of choice to fish for and I got my biggest one to date. 17 and a quarter inches, 3.2 lbs. By far the biggest by weight I have caught. As always my 2 grandsons and I fished together for 7.5 hours and ended up keeping 108 whites, 14 yellows, 10 crappie and a green carp. Using double jig with green or white twister tails was all we needed.
The boys are growing up so fast I have got to enjoy every moment I still have with them before other things take my place if you catch my drift!!
I love to fish the river also but Its still a mess from all the spring rain. Ill give it another month and we will get them there like we have in the past. Sure is fun catchin while fishin. (by the way I need photo heip again please pm me on how to get them from photo bucket to here  thanks)

Jig_Head

Re: whites
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2017, 03:26 AM »
That's an awesome day. Congrats

kfishdoctor

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:21 AM »
When did photo bucket turn into the classified ad section of the news paper? Ill never use them again nor will I pay them to remove the ads!

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:31 AM »
When did photo bucket turn into the classified ad section of the news paper? Ill never use them again nor will I pay them to remove the ads!

Yep !! I take pics of all my trips and would love to share them ! But  i think you have to have some kind of college degree to post pics !?!

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:55 AM »
Thought this was a KKK thread.

:D

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2017, 03:10 PM »
"Whites?"  Crappie or white bass?  Either way you do the math. Limit on crappie is 25. Four people fishing. 4 * 25 = 100. You kept 108? If you are talking white bass the limit is 14.     4 *14 = 56.  Still less than 108.

I hope I am wrong with the fish species. Can you enlighten me?

MattyP123

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2017, 04:18 PM »
"Whites?"  Crappie or white bass?  Either way you do the math. Limit on crappie is 25. Four people fishing. 4 * 25 = 100. You kept 108? If you are talking white bass the limit is 14.     4 *14 = 56.  Still less than 108.

I hope I am wrong with the fish species. Can you enlighten me?
Maybe perch?

kfishdoctor

« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Boomer sorry I left out (lake) shelbyville (Illinois)and white (bass)! Many of my posts are about fishing down in that area (kaskaskia river)for white bass so I took it that all would understand that. My bad. But I fish within the rules and never does anything that we catch go to waste. I have a fish fry at church every year. My family at thanksgiving (60 plus people) eat fish instead of that disgusting turkey garbage. And almost every sunday is a cookout and I supply the fish. I dont feel bad about the numbers of whites or yellows that I keep mainly because many people that would never have a chance to catch their own now enjoy a real "fresh" fish meal. Really most of the church people couldnt even get on a boat to go fishing but sure remember the days they went out and caught them. It gets the memories and fish tales going full force.

The rules there are as follows, White bass from lake shelbyville IL or the kaskaskia river No limit. We caught 10 crappie as stated in the post. limit  is 5 under 10 " and 10 over 10" per person.  Yellow bass no limit. Green carp always throw back but this one was as good as dead. Hook went into the gill section and ripped them to shreds.

Attack, what gave you that idea?

Boomer

« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.  Glad you share your catch with others. 

We like to stock our freezer too.  Share when we can.

bigr

« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2017, 04:58 AM »
I'm not a big fan of white bass to eat but do know many that prefer them over really any other fish. They all remove the darker skin meat though. I too do a lot of big fish frys and the church one is the biggest by far and is always an anticipated event for the seniors for the reasons you mentioned. Trying not to get off topic but when you hear and talk to these seniors you know that years ago fishing was much more popular than today and many more fish were kept. That's why I will always argue that over harvest at any lakes is not the true problem with size or numbers. If there is an issue it's with water quality. My opinion.  

tater140

« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2017, 07:13 AM »
BigR, did you mean overharvest "is not" the problem,  or did you mean "is" the problem?  I wasn't sure which way to take it.

bigr

« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Sorry, IS Not The Problem.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.