FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Map cards?  (Read 2779 times)

skinny40

Map cards?
« on: Jul 19, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Just ordered a humminbird helix 5. What card do i need? Just need erie and ontario but would like honeoye and canesius if possible.

Ammo5254

Re: Map cards?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2017, 07:53 AM »
I just got a helix 7 and was curious what this is for?  I'd like sacandaga lake.

beerbellybob106

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2017, 03:34 PM »
I have navionics and the hummingbird lake master cards for my helix 7 and the navionics is way more detailed especially for the sacandaga which has some pretty tricky contours and a lot of shallow spots that the lake master chip doesn't show and you certainly don't want to find in your boat motoring across the lake,

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2017, 07:29 PM »
I have navionics and the hummingbird lake master cards for my helix 7 and the navionics is way more detailed especially for the sacandaga which has some pretty tricky contours and a lot of shallow spots that the lake master chip doesn't show and you certainly don't want to find in your boat motoring across the lake,

I have the Navionics platinum plus card.
Got it a year or more back from cabelas for $160.
Reg it is $200

Anyway, it also shows Canada lakes.
Where others don't don't

Ammo5254

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2017, 09:47 AM »
How do you use it on the helix 7?  I have the navionics app on my phone but not the fish finder...

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2017, 10:02 AM »
That is what I have in my Helix 7...h2l

Ammo5254

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2017, 10:39 AM »
H2L how do you use the down imaging?  Does it always just do it?  I thought it would be way more detailed showing structure but it's not really.  Not much more than say an average fish finder.  I'm live been disappointed in my purchase so far.  I'm not even marking fish with it!  At least my old one would do that!

Ammo5254

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2017, 10:40 AM »
How do you use the navioncs on it h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2017, 12:39 PM »
You will have to buy the chip that goes into the unit. As far as DI goes, I had it on my last unit and never used it so didn't get it on my new unit. (Helix 7 G2) If you go to the Humminbird web site you can download the manual for the unit that you have. It has all the info that you will need to set up and use the unit that you have. I use the navionics on by putting the map on one side and sonar on the other. That way I can follow the break and also locate the depth the fish are at. Yesterday they were at 34' or just 3' off the 31' mark. They will be somewhere else next time...h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.