FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tough striper season so far in kayak  (Read 1196 times)

Knot there yet

Tough striper season so far in kayak
« on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:23 AM »
 Unbelievable how much bait and small fish I've caught. Macks & pogies plenty. Just haven't seen the big fish I was catching last year. Had the best year of my life last year and expected it to be less than last year but this is unbelievable. I'm not a quitter keep putting my time in. Well if the stripers don't show up to clean out the harbor the blues will in next couple weeks. Anyone kayak fishing north shore pm me. I can put you bait if you put me on fish.

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
Re: Tough striper season so far in kayak
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2017, 07:21 AM »
use them for bait
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

Knot there yet

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2017, 01:02 PM »
 I've come to the conclusion that the reasons for this season.
1) No fish big enough to eat these big baits( pogies) in my location.
2) Tons bait still out deep
 Now last night I go out to my spot to top off the huge schools of pogies that have been here for a month. I find clouds of peanut bunker so thick FF couldn't see the bottom. Chasing them shad. 1-2 pound shad.
We'll that only means one thing. With so much bait in one spot I'll have to be there as much as possible. The bluefish will come and clean this place out. Question is do I have the patience and fortitude to stick and stay for carnage. The giant stripers will be underneath the blues. I hope to be in the right place at the right time. Shaping up to be epic

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2017, 01:26 PM »
Meanwhile googans are showing up for the first light bite at the canal and are landing 40lbers....

Knot there yet

« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2017, 10:56 AM »
Meanwhile googans are showing up for the first light bite at the canal and are landing 40lbers....
Here's one for you. They (MDC)charge $10 to park at the beach if you don't have a MA plate they charge $20. Don't be surprised you start seeing at canal. That would thin the hogans out quick

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2017, 02:00 PM »
That'd be ideal!  All the regulars would park in the commuter lot on the East End and ride their canal bikes in!  I know I would.

Knot there yet

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2017, 12:05 PM »
Finally got into the giants. Got a hot tip where the local commercial striper fleet would be. I took power boat out Thursday to find them. Big school of big fish. Got 3 fish in boat>40". I went Back to same spot Saturday in kayak. I got four 38,33,39 and the big one (tape only goes to 40") I couldn't lift him high enough to get a weight either(boga). Over 30lbs half of the fish in water still. Went back Sunday they were gone. Great week end

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.