FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: More Q Lakers  (Read 1157 times)

Baitbucket

More Q Lakers
« on: Jul 22, 2017, 04:54 PM »
Hit the Q today for my first trip without my trolling motor. I went old school by using a bucket off each side to slow the boat down to trolling speed using the main motor. It worked out pretty good, dropping my speed down to 2-2.2mph.

The conditions were perfect with an overcast sky and a slight breeze. I had one rod set just off the bottom and another i moved around from 10-40ft looking for salmon.

I struck out on salmon. Infact im not sure any1 on the big side got any. There were plenty being caught on the Gate 8 side, as i was able to reach a couple buddies on the radio who were fishing over there.

On the day i managed 3 decent lakers and a couple dink smallies. Here is a vid of the lakers, and one of the smallies i was getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5m2Cz70W3U&feature=youtu.be

zwiggles

Re: More Q Lakers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Nice video I like the shot of the rod going off on the rigger. Those first two lakers are good size fish

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2017, 09:57 PM »
So cool the Q naturally produces lakers and salmon. Not a lot of places can say that in the lower 48.

Very well done video!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2017, 06:37 AM »
Nice video I like the shot of the rod going off on the rigger. Those first two lakers are good size fish

Thanks man. I was getting so many of those smallies in that area I was able to have the camera ready.

The second rod pops on the first fish i fight as well. Thats why i went over and reeled it in a little while fighting the other fish, thought I had a double. But it was actually the fish i had on had shot up 30ft and wrapped my line, popping the second rod

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Good job Will. Always a pleasure to watch. :thumbup_smilie:

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2017, 11:22 AM »
Haha yeah I love it when that rigger rod shoots up. I wasn't going to say anything about the smallmouth, but it makes sense as the few video shots I have of the rigger going off where from the same kind of situation. After a second watch of the video that first one was a serious pig. Had some great girth even it wasn't too long.

james1981

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2017, 06:34 PM »
  Nice fish, Don't be afraid of fishing the 30ft water before Curtis, This time of year I hit the 25- 100ft of water for salmon.   Usually pick up a few around where you were fishing..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.