FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Third Party Hosting? Update: imgur works!  (Read 3311 times)

CLAMFARMER

Third Party Hosting? Update: imgur works!
« on: Aug 07, 2017, 01:52 PM »
It appears I can no longer post pics here, or on any forum, from photobucket.com unless I pay 399/year.

Does anyone know a way to post pics and avatars besides this source?

I won’t be paying to do this pic thing.....

Thanks!
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Third Party Hosting? $399/yr To Post Pics???
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Hey, Joe.  I've started to use Imgur.  Seems OK, but I haven't done much with it.  I got pretty put off by the whole posting thing after Photobucket blew one on my threads up.

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2017, 02:27 PM »
X2 but save your pictures else ware if you do photography cause you never know when these companoes will do it again.. that's why those 1 and 10 Tera bite storage towers are a must have now a days...  they hook in to the computer threw the usb port if your a photographer then that's a must have.. to save your pictures..

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2017, 02:37 PM »
Look down a few threads .  It's call Photobucket issues I think.   Your answers are in that .  Look around and you can find a lot of info . You must be new ...

seamonkey84

« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2017, 03:18 PM »
You must have been busy, haven't seen you posting in a while! Yea they basically broke forums and blogs. At least they are still storing the pictures that have been loaded so you can save them elsewhere if you want.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2017, 03:33 PM »
Mine still works, I did download the app last year and think I paid for a certain amount of storage 1x fee, 10 bucks??

Guess not  :rotflol: :rotflol:

boondox

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2017, 03:35 PM »
No picture sorry!!     

By the way clamfarmers not new here lol's..

fish wayniac

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2017, 03:49 PM »
I switched to imgur. It seems to be ok. The only thing I do not like is to view my photos you have to click the link each time to view photos. I use to like the way photobucket allowed to show all the pics in the post. Well that ship has sailed 😡.

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Test failed

boondox

« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2017, 04:10 PM »
I switched to imgur. It seems to be ok. The only thing I do not like is to view my photos you have to click the link each time to view photos. I use to like the way photobucket allowed to show all the pics in the post. Well that ship has sailed 😡.

Big discussion in other posts on how to use imagur search around

When you put it up here don't use hyper link icon it is one icon to its left it looks like a "Mona Lisa picture" post it inbetween those brackets that's the img brackets icon.. I think your using the url icon for hyper links.. that's why it left a hyper link..

fish wayniac

« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2017, 04:15 PM »

Big discussion in other posts on how to use imagur search around

When you put it up here don't use hyper link icon it is one icon to its left it looks like a "Mona Lisa picture" post it inbetween those brackets that's the img brackets icon.. I think your using the url icon for hyper links.. that's why it left a hyper link..
Thanks I will try that next time I post.

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2017, 04:21 PM »
Thanks you guys! I’m trying IMGUR. I’m off grid and using my cell as hotspot. About as slow as walking though calling tar. hehe.

Look down a few threads .  It's call Photobucket issues I think.   Your answers are in that .  Look around and you can find a lot of info . You must be new ...

HAHA! Yep! Always new! That’s how ya learn stuff!!! Pay attention and look around!  ;D :flex:
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

deerhunter

« Reply #12 on: Aug 07, 2017, 04:43 PM »
try postimage.org. worked ok for me once I figured it out. I posted a pic withit on mg39s post

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #13 on: Aug 07, 2017, 05:22 PM »
'

add around the jpg-link of your photos to make them show up in threads/topics, e.g.

or use the icon on the reply that looks like a picture frame (directly below the Italicized icon).

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #14 on: Aug 07, 2017, 05:36 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.