FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Third Party Hosting? Update: imgur works!  (Read 3312 times)

fish wayniac

Re: Third Party Hosting? $399/yr To Post Pics???
« Reply #15 on: Aug 07, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Argh! Now I have to figure out way to make smaller.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #16 on: Aug 07, 2017, 06:01 PM »

I like the Large Thumbnail size.

boondox

« Reply #17 on: Aug 07, 2017, 07:37 PM »

In my phone it is a photo gallery were the camera stores photos in the gallery is this at top of picture like in this picture you might have to click on or tap on picture several time to find it in you gallery.. well any ways there is three dots in the upper right corner tap that brings up a box with a list on that list is edit tap that

After you tapped edit it bring up thsee boxes.

Click or ta on adjustments wich bring up this set of boxes with resize in it ..

You have to figure out what size works I like 25% less but it works so does 50% of origanal size you have to save once slected then back to the three dots upper right cornet again. Wich brings up a list with share via Then click share via ..  after clicking share via bring up another box pop up basically that you chose pixcEl size I chose large size 8.mp then save .. then it bring up another pop up box for what to share it to i select imagur then on to saving it to imagur ..

How to share on imagur is next post..

boondox

« Reply #18 on: Aug 07, 2017, 07:46 PM »
On the imagur pop box for their app is a couple selections one for who to share with I suggest changing this to only shared with my self only me  ..this way no one responds to your pictures or gives bad words about whats seen in pictures.. this is seen in pictures below.. by the way after you slected who to share with you have to save to imagur or post seen in picture also..   which up loads photo after is done up loading you click view picture and click picture a couple time should bring up a arrow poinoting side ways and a heart etc you tap the arrow looking icon brings up a pop up on that list is how to share it and who to share it with like face book coppy to a clip board wich I suggest and is how I do it..then come in here start a post put the img brackets up and paste link  in center of brackets..

fish wayniac

« Reply #19 on: Aug 07, 2017, 08:01 PM »
Boondox thanks for putting in the effort. Very helpful!

seamonkey84

« Reply #20 on: Aug 07, 2017, 08:14 PM »
I just got imgur since flicker only shows links

Testing

Awesome, but if I understand correctly,  their terms say not to use them extensively for this purpose
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

CLAMFARMER

Re: Third Party Hosting? Update: imgur works!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2017, 07:26 AM »
imgur works easily. Looks like I need a little “adjust size” though.  8)
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #22 on: Aug 08, 2017, 10:59 AM »
I just got imgur since flicker only shows links

Testing

Awesome, but if I understand correctly,  their terms say not to use them extensively for this purpose

Yup, then they will inevitably do the same thing Photobucket did after (most of) all of Photobucket's users start going to Imgur to share/host on third party sites.  

filetandrelease

Re: Third Party Hosting? Update: imgur works!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 08, 2017, 12:21 PM »

I'm sure at some point they will , then I'll just move on but my understanding was they didn't want you to use them  commercially,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.