FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eric Clapton can fish!  (Read 1907 times)

seamonkey84

Eric Clapton can fish!
« on: Aug 08, 2017, 07:01 PM »
http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/nature_and_travel/2017/08/08/eric_clapton_catches_enormous_salmon_in_iceland/

I saw this on another forum and had to share. All I can say is wow! I can only dream of fishing for true Atlantic salmon, let alone in a place that beautiful.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
Re: Eric Clapton can fish!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2017, 08:03 PM »

woodchip1

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Atlantic salmon are big .. These could be restocked in Sebago.  Genetic -Genetics-Genetics In 5 years we could be catching new records in Sebago..............

JDK

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Those are nice fish.

# SAND

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2017, 08:42 AM »
Must be nice to have his money and be able to fish the best private water in Iceland.  He deserves it though; worked hard to perfect his craft, entertain millions and inspire countless other musicians.  
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Atlantic salmon are big .. These could be restocked in Sebago.  Genetic -Genetics-Genetics In 5 years we could be catching new records in Sebago..............

lol

UglyStik

« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Good read & pics thanks for posting. Eric, if you read this, great job (and great tunes too!)

esox_xtm

• It's SHOWTIME!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Ahhh, heck. I don't really care one way or t'other.

Never mind.

Not Fish???      Not an Option!!!                                                                  Go Packers !!! 

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2017, 06:59 PM »
Sorry guys. I'm no hater, not jealous (I happen to think trout/salmon are overrated both as sport fish and table fare, thought I do love grilled salmon from time to time). Something about those pics seems "off".

Again, not looking to discredit but they look a little shopped to me....

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to apologize....  :-\

I have no idea . Those I just added to the post are from the story in the original link .    If you do a Google image search for Iceland salmon it doesn't look like his are unbelievable.

fish wayniac

« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2017, 07:22 PM »

I have no idea . Those I just added to the post are from the story in the original link .    If you do a Google image search for Iceland salmon it doesn't look like his are unbelievable.
I agree I did the Iceland salmon search and there was lots of fish that size. Not just the "Slow hand"! It looked legit to me.That must be awesome to fly fish for them. I caught 1 King salmon in Ontario from charter with heavy line and rod.On the fly more of a thrill!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.