FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Directions from Jackman  (Read 1561 times)

lion

Directions from Jackman
« on: Aug 09, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Can anyone tell me if there is a faster way to get to the Golden Rd from Jack other than going down to Rockwood or up through Canada?  I thought there was a way to cut over just a little further north of Jackman but I'm not sure.  Any info would be great.

grgs

Re: Directions from Jackman
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2017, 05:04 PM »
The road is the Kelly Dam Road, and there is a North Me Woods Gate that you will have to go thru.
Hope this helps.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2017, 08:34 PM »
Grgs is correct, there is a small log yard at the head of the road to mark it.  Stay on that staying left before it crosses into Indian land and over the south branch of the Penobscot river about 5 miles in. There is an unmanned gate with a phone to process you through, then it's hammer down time (obviously watch for logging truck).
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

lion

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2017, 05:13 AM »
Sweet Thanks guys!

gunn308

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2017, 11:02 PM »
Check first just read about a large culvert removed on this road and berms on both sides article said culvert was going to be put back but bno date was givenhttp://www.northmainewoods.org
Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't!

lion

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2017, 05:45 AM »
Check first just read about a large culvert removed on this road and berms on both sides article said culvert was going to be put back but bno date was givenhttp://www.northmainewoods.org

Thanks for the heads up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.