FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Field and Stream store.  (Read 6064 times)

boondox

Re: Field and Stream store.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 16, 2017, 05:26 PM »
Agree on the dissatisfaction. Problem around me is there are no mom & pop stores anymore. When you do go to the brick stores, like you mentioned, they are mostly all clothing. They will stock some of your basic equipment, but no specialty items. I hate to say it, but, I really do most items online, no choice.

Problem is mom and pop shops are pushed out by the brick and motar stores..  when's the last time they had good fly tying capes at a brick and motar store? Ones you can chose which is the best ones to buy?? Had several chances at mom and pop shops but gander not a one I picked up a few clearence black capes for wooly buggers but they were not the top grade like I like for dry flies etc.. see the point there..

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2017, 08:02 PM »
they have good hiking boots but they are high priced. still a good option if you must see and feel before you buy and sometimes you can catch a good sale on rubber baits, tungsten sinkers and rapalas and such. they have a decent ice fishing selection near me but they sell out quick. i stop in on my way home and poke around if i get out of work early sometimes. i usually get some nice quality camo off the clearance rack and they have a nice selection of bow targets. its high priced but theres always a few deals depending on what your looking for. the service in the gun dept. sucks, always slow and understaffed whenever ive been there. the kids love all the taxidermy thats on display, at the store near me you walk in to a grizzly standing over a dead trophy whitetail buck. theres hardly anywhere else around me to get some of the things i like other than online and then my wife can and will track my purchases so to avoid conflict i go stealth shopping with cash in hand baby!!! HaHa
done dirt cheap!

icemole

« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2017, 05:01 AM »
 The main problem with box stores is they are seasonal... in March they fill up on fishing gear by May it's picked pretty clean. I went up to Cabelas in mid June looking for Gamagaksu(?) wide gap worm hooks.... not one pack. I don't have a F&S store locally but do have a Dick's, I have similar problems there - Went for crappie jigs last fall very few on the rack. A few "Kits" with bodies and jigheads  but no plain generic 1/16oz jigheads - no bobber stops either  ???   I do watch their Sunday sale insert a week or two back they had Yamamoto baits on sale buy 1 get 50% off a second bag - of course they did not have my colors ... LOL.

CHEZ2

« Reply #18 on: Aug 17, 2017, 06:14 AM »
Gundog
,8th street bait still is kinda old school.Right there in your neiborhood.You must stop there???
Not a big selection but,Still has everything you need and even Rapala and Jitterbugs.
Hunters Gallery is another Great store,it's on the way to Hamlin.
One stop bait and tackle is another Great Store in Scranton.
Man I don't know how he gets so much stuff in that store.

gundogwanted

« Reply #19 on: Aug 17, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Go to 8 street quit a bit, mostly for live bait. Love Hunters Gallery, the problem with going there, other than it's a pretty far ride, is I must also stop for a rack of ribs at kundla's. Never been to One stop.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

CHEZ2

« Reply #20 on: Aug 17, 2017, 11:46 AM »
Kundlas Rock's brother

chris458wm

« Reply #21 on: Aug 17, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Kundlas Rock's brother

Yes it does and Chez's belly proves it.   ;D

Spider1

« Reply #22 on: Aug 18, 2017, 05:22 AM »
yer goin on old info brother... Chez is a lean mean fishin machine these days.  :flex:

CHEZ2

« Reply #23 on: Aug 18, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Thank you Spider.

bigal409

« Reply #24 on: Aug 18, 2017, 01:12 PM »
How many stores do they have? I had no idea they actually had retail stores!  I always thought Field and Stream was just a brand of outdoor gear that Dick's SPorting Goods sold in their stores.

I hope you are right, Chris! We need a good store on the order of Cabelas or Bass Pro. Especially now that we are losing Gander Mtn!
Dick's bought out the Field and Stream stores a couple years ago. We have 2 Dick's stores in our area and a Field and Stream store about an hours drive away. You could fit both our Dick's stores fishing sections in the one Field and Streams fishing section. I'll take Field and Streams fishing over any Dick's anytime. Sad part is our Gander Mountain Store went under leaving us what little fishing things we can get at  Dick's unless we want to drive the hour or so to Field and Stream.  >:( >:( >:(

filetandrelease

« Reply #25 on: Aug 18, 2017, 01:28 PM »
http://   History   Edit

On August 16, 2013, Dick's Sporting Goods opened its first Field & Stream Shop in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, at the site of the former Dick's location in Cranberry (Dick's had moved to a newer location nearby in Cranberry Township in 2012), operating as a competitor to Cabela's.[3] Willie Robertson of the reality television series Duck Dynasty made a speaking appearance at a wedding at the store, with both participants dressed in camouflage,[4] as well as retired WWE wrestler Shawn Michaels (currently hosting MacMillan River Adventures on the Outdoor Channel) appearing at the store to sign autographs for the grand opening.[5] Later in the month, the store began selling AR-15 semi-automatic rifles,[6] ending the chain's 2012 self-imposed suspension of sales of certain semi-automatic firearms following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.[7]

The first locations opened after the Cranberry store were in Erie, Pennsylvania (on the site of a proposed Cabela's store that Dick's had purchased before Cabela's had a chance to buy it), Altoona, Pennsylvania,[8] and Crescent Springs, Kentucky.[3] On October 10, 2014, a newly constructed Field & Stream Shop opened in Miamisburg, Ohio and Horseheads, New York. The Miamisburg store opened its doors on October 8, 2014, although the official opening was not until October 10, 2014.[9]

Field & Stream plans to open 30 to 35 stores by the end of 2017.[10]

filetandrelease

« Reply #26 on: Aug 18, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Dicks  aquired Galyans in 2004

CHEZ2

« Reply #27 on: Aug 18, 2017, 06:53 PM »
Boy Freddy,,,,
YOUR RIGHT ON TOP OF THIS STUFF.
NOW I KNOW WHY LARRY HANGS WITH YOU.

CowDawg

« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:02 PM »
Well, went out for dinner tonight in Dickson City and we made the visit to Field and Stream...

For my first time there, I was just a little slightly disappointed...... As I went for 1 thing and 1 thing only... I wanted the sand bags for the Caldwell Lead Sled and they didn't have them..
The salesman didn't even know anything about them!  Really??????  UGH!!!!!!! (guess he worked in produce) LMAO...

Dick's in Wilkes Barre has them...  Dick's in Dickson City doesn't as they are all clothing now and affiliated with Field and Stream which doesn't carry the sand bags..
Go Figure!!!

Back to Wilkes Barre or another Online Purchase!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.