FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Drainage Ditch Smallies  (Read 782 times)

timeflies

Drainage Ditch Smallies
« on: Aug 18, 2017, 02:52 PM »
Went to a little "pond" i found on google maps which ended up being a drainage ditch to store water for the local FD, surprisingly enough there was a TON of largemouth and even some smallmouth in there, ended up getting a whole bunch of fish all on flukes

https://youtu.be/ROFanj2Jyyo

lowaccord66

Re: Drainage Ditch Smallies
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Nice work.  Spent my entire childhood fishing spots like you are.  A majority of my interaction with police as a kid was from fishing.  Good stuff. 

timeflies

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Haha, i beileve it, had the cops called on me so many times at this one spit they know me by name😂😂.

And I don't know why but I just get a lot more satisfaction out of finding fish in weird offf the grid spots than I do from going to a big lake and fighting with the jet skiers for space

swamp hawgs

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2017, 04:35 PM »
thats awesome! i love finding weird spots. ive found spots like that. not smallies but good largemouth action. a 1 acre bog pond with 2-3lbs largemouth.
i love creek fishing to, theres an old cranberry bog channel loaded with crappies shiners and sunnies.

timeflies

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2017, 04:52 PM »
Nice!! I only know of one spot that small that makes fish of any real size and it's on a golf course so of course i would never fish there ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.