FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: water level on Ontario and St. Lawrence  (Read 2021 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
water level on Ontario and St. Lawrence
« on: Aug 28, 2017, 08:48 AM »
Hi, Anyone have a report on how the water level is?  I talked to Krings Pt., they said their launch is still closed, but others might be open, looking to get out at the end of Sept.  Henderson Harbor, or someplace in the 1000 Isles.
Thanks, ol crawdad
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

pikie

Re: water level on Ontario and St. Lawrence
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2017, 09:31 AM »
I fished the clayton and then A bay areas this week, water is still high, but is no where near as high as it was.  We launched in clayton no problem, and most of the launches looked back to normal in the Bay.  I know someone who launched a pontoon in goose bay, so I think there are places.  They are really enforcing that no wake special rule, so plan on putting or risking it.  The big cruising boats seamed to be flying around, but we did see the state police pull over a few.  Good luck!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Thanks pikie.  Is it still: 5 mph speed limit within 600 feet of shore? 
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

pikie

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2017, 01:26 PM »
Thanks pikie.  Is it still: 5 mph speed limit within 600 feet of shore? 

Yeah, I'm not sure from where to where it is, but in Clayton and ABay I know its in effect and somewhat enforced...  Lots of people flying around though...I'd say use common sense. 

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2017, 05:23 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  Don't need any avoidable tickets.  Hard to catch pike @ over 5 mph anyway :) !

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Still in force on the river, at least as far north as Massena - don't know about down stream from there.  They reduced the outflow this past weekend, again.  Lifted the restrictions on some the navigation of the commercial shipping as well.  Water is going down.  I would not look for Krings Point to open their launch this year - it's getting close to closing time.  I'm sure a guy could get in at the Goose Bay launch off Rt.12.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2017, 04:44 AM »
Thanks FISHFORPIKE.  Was going to stay at Krings, but I will probably be going solo this trip, and tough to get the boat AND the truck back to Krings from the GB launch that way.  I'll try some cabins elsewhere where they have a launch.
At Krings, the water lifted their dock and placed it in the middle of the launch.

yellowned

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2017, 05:51 PM »
I'm here now, on vacation staying on wellesley island. water level is just fine. got gas at chalks marina
and level was fine. gas price at the pump was high 3.89 for non ethanol gas. fishing is very
good if you don't mine fishing deep. wife and I have 5 fish "smallies " over 4 1/2 lbs all coming from
35 to 45 feet. lots of 2 to 3 pounders. good luck

tobykoko

« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2017, 08:50 PM »
The launch at Wagner's on Dingman's point is excellent . The fishing in the general area, as stated,  has been outstanding. !!!!!!!!!!!

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2017, 10:23 PM »
Fishing here at port bay.... levels are close to normal...not quite but close. I now can "shoot" many of the docks i normally catch crappie....south end launch now open.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.