FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you want to see Bald Eagles in Northern Indiana…  (Read 5223 times)

taxid

Launch at Oliver Lake and go into Olin Lake. I watched two adults and a juvenile on and off Saturday while trolling in Olin Lake.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bigr

Re: If you want to see Bald Eagles in Northern Indiana…
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2017, 01:17 PM »
They are everywhere on the Wabash.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2017, 09:16 PM »
oh great now ill have to troll around the bird watchers, along with the drunks and the pilgrims.  lol

Yup!  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2017, 05:15 PM »
They are everywhere on the Wabash.

Good to hear. Just want them to stay away from my fish farm.  ;D

Boomer

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Wherever you go in Indiana today, while you are on the water, you have a chance to see a bald eagle. What a sight to see. Watched one at work the other day for about ten minutes. Nice break. Remember the reason why they are here now: Because the people wanted clean air and water. Without it, eagles would not fly here.

Lets remind the younger generation of what was . . . and what we do not want to see again.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Wherever you go in Indiana today, while you are on the water, you have a chance to see a bald eagle. What a sight to see. Watched one at work the other day for about ten minutes. Nice break. Remember the reason why they are here now: Because the people wanted clean air and water. Without it, eagles would not fly here.

Lets remind the younger generation of what was . . . and what we do not want to see again.

No longer using DDT has helped a lot. I remember as a kid they said it made the eggs shells thinner and they would break when the parent bird sat on them.

I know a guy that says DDT was not a problem. Funny he works as an attorney down in Texas that defends big industry. His firm defended BP with the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.

Spooled85

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2017, 04:48 AM »
I live a couple minutes for Jasper polaski and had a giant mature bald eagle flying over the house last night ! Biggest one I've seen in years

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2017, 11:26 AM »
I live a couple minutes for Jasper polaski and had a giant mature bald eagle flying over the house last night ! Biggest one I've seen in years

They can have a wingspan up to 7.5 feet! Keep an eye on your dog in the boat if it's one of the smaller breeds!  :o  ;D

A turkey buzzard only goes up to 6 feet.

Spooled85

« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2017, 01:57 PM »
They can have a wingspan up to 7.5 feet! Keep an eye on your dog in the boat if it's one of the smaller breeds!  :o  ;D

A turkey buzzard only goes up tro 6 feet.

Yeah I always have about seventy-five to a hundred or so turkey vultures that hang around the house all the time and this Eagle definitely dwarfed all of the vultures that hang around the house

Boomer

« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2017, 09:15 PM »
BigR: I was talking to someone last week that said the Missi has a very large group in the fall/winter. Do you know of this? Could you keep us informed?

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Sep 01, 2017, 09:20 AM »
Yeah I always have about seventy-five to a hundred or so turkey vultures that hang around the house all the time and this Eagle definitely dwarfed all of the vultures that hang around the house

The question is why are vultures hanging around your house?  ;D

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:38 PM »
maybe his fish pile behind the barn. lol

:rotflol:

I know a taxidermist that was complaining about buzzards hanging around his shop. But the guy was throwing skinned out deer heads in a field behind his shop! Go figure!

Spooled85

« Reply #12 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:43 PM »
The question is why are vultures having around your house?  ;D

I would love to know they are around everyday ! For over a year

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:46 PM »

I would love to know they are around everyday ! For over a year

Serial killer dumping ground near your house.  :blink:

Or does a taxidermist live near you? The one I'm talking about lives in Monroe, Indiana.

apricot brandy

« Reply #14 on: Sep 01, 2017, 10:14 PM »
I've been watching them at Willow Slough for years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.