FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New York Water Supply Reservoirs  (Read 1488 times)

taxid

New York Water Supply Reservoirs
« on: Sep 04, 2017, 08:46 AM »
Am thinking of making a stop over in NY on my way to New England on vacation next summer at one of the NY water supply reservoirs like Cannonsville or Pepacton or both. Obviously it's either no motors or electric only as on Cannonsville, but have a few questions.

I'm seeking fishing for large holdover browns as my state seems to be in put and take mode even with potential. Used to have a lake chain here with smelt and cisco in it with brown trout up to 15 lbs. but the smelt and cisco are gone and the trout show it. State refuses to reintroduce smelt at least at this point.

1. How much does the steam cleaning cost?

2. So no trailered boats at all even with steam cleaning?

3. Can you bring your own boat as in kayak as long as it's steam cleaned before each launch?

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

DelhiGuy91

Re: New York Water Supply Reservoirs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2017, 10:56 AM »
For the Pepacton...

Rowboat registration and steam cleaning is free (by appointment on Fridays only)

No trailered boats and any time you so much as put the boat in the back of your truck and relocate it on the reservoir, it needs to be steam cleaned again.

You can put kayaks and canoes on the lake from memorial day- I think labor day (not positive on when then must be off). You can bring them and have them steam cleaned every time you use them, or you can leave them there on designated storage racks for canoes and kayaks.

everything you need to know is here
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/recreation/index.shtml

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2017, 08:19 PM »

Thanks for the information.

So apparently with kayaks and canoes with a recreations boat tag you don't have t steam clean again to launch again as long at the boat is stored in a designated area?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

DelhiGuy91

« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2017, 09:11 AM »

Thanks for the information.

So apparently with kayaks and canoes with a recreations boat tag you don't have t steam clean again to launch again as long at the boat is stored in a designated area?

That's correct

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2017, 09:40 AM »
Thank you.

May spends= a few days out there next summer.  Found some reasonable Air B & B's in the Downsville area to stay at too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.