FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Recommendations for Boat Trailer Lights?  (Read 4335 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Recommendations for Boat Trailer Lights?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2017, 08:40 PM »

I like the fact that there is a ground wire on each side light. Not so on the previous lights.

yes

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Wow! Got the LED lights hooked up and they work like a charm! My dad was impressed at how bright they were!  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

Thank you for the recommendation! :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

I do question not having to unplug the lights at launching though. Seems to me with connectors even though I also taped them, there's a possibility of water making contact with the wiring?

I think I'll unplug just to stay safe.

What really made this easy was the wires of the harness simply had to be matched in color to the short leads coming out of the lights. Sure beats running them into slots in the lights and soldering them!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2017, 03:46 AM »
Good deal.Glad it worked out for you.  The matter of water and the lighting/wiring willbe a non issue now.  Before, the water could gert into the light bulln sockets and had an opportunity to cause a short because of the close tolerences between power and ground.  You no longer have that issue.

Good luck.

Wow! Got the LED lights hooked up and they work like a charm! My dad was impressed at how bright they were!  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

Thank you for the recommendation! :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

I do question not having to unplug the lights at launching though. Seems to me with connectors even though I also taped them, there's a possibility of water making contact with the wiring?

What really made this easy was the wires of the harness simply had to be matched in color to the short leads coming out of the lights. Sure beats running them into slots in the lights and soldering them!
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Sep 02, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Good deal.Glad it worked out for you.  The matter of water and the lighting/wiring willbe a non issue now.  Before, the water could gert into the light bulln sockets and had an opportunity to cause a short because of the close tolerences between power and ground.  You no longer have that issue.

Good luck.

Once again thank you!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2017, 07:20 PM »

Good idea.
That's what I do.
Good job.

Mac

Mac Attack

« Reply #20 on: Sep 05, 2017, 10:28 AM »
huh?!?

:-[

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Sep 12, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Took the boat trailer and boat out for a half day of fishing and no issues with the trailer lights, nor did I blow a fuse as in before I changed over to the  LEDs.

:clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

THANK YOU!

Mac Attack

« Reply #22 on: Sep 12, 2017, 10:00 AM »
cool!

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #23 on: Sep 12, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Took the boat trailer and boat out for a half day of fishing and no issues with the trailer lights, nor did I blow a fuse as in before I changed over to the  LEDs.

:clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

THANK YOU!

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.