FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: September Pike location in Champlain?  (Read 1183 times)

pikie

September Pike location in Champlain?
« on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:00 AM »
Missing the strike of the Pike...headed with my son to Northern Lake Champlain tomorrow.  Planning on launching at kings bay, but could be convinced to go to Point Au Roche.  Anyone have any clues on depths and habitats to look for them now?  This warm up might have sent them deep again?  Kind of a sunny, calm day forecasted, probably not the best conditions for pike, but good for my 15 ft boat.  Might switch to bass if we can't find them.  Going to have my 13 year old bring his shotgun in case any geese are dumb enough to get close while we are not under power!  Love Cast and Blast when it works!

lowaccord66

Re: September Pike location in Champlain?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Id do a quick google search on pike transitioning from summer to fall patterns...too much to write on.  Typically spots like Kings where you have the Chazy will concentrate yoy gills and perch so there could be pike around or if you were really lucky a musky. However, I have done fall piking on champ quite a bit and always preferred the VT side.  Good luck.  Ill be serveral miles south myself! 

Around my neck of the woods the pike are still a bit deep, in the 10-15ft range near weedlines.  Still fishing lots of plastics on jigheads around the deep edges.  Big keitechs, shakers, anything with a decent tail that thumps.  Heavy spinner baits and big lipless baits are my go to offerings now.  Sometimes I will let a giant golden trail behind the boat on a slide float as well.

pikie

Re: September Pike location in Champlain?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:53 PM »
Thanks for the info, we can compare notes after.  Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.