FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Back from Alaska!!  (Read 3831 times)

Swampking89

Back from Alaska!!
« on: Sep 16, 2017, 02:29 PM »
Got back yesterday. What a fantastic trip!! Didn't catch as many fish as I thought I would.caught 5 nice Dolly's at the mouth of sheep creek in Juneau and foul hooked a few chum salmon.talkedto a few locals and they said that the silvers were late this year.in ketchican, the creek was loaded but couldn't find any access.but still an unbelievable trip!!saw tons of wildlife,eagles seals,moose( one nice bull) dall sheep,whales,and more!!no bears or orcas though.the scenery was breathtaking!!my wife and I are now 30 percenters,!it was spectacular!!the cruise was wonderful except for all the people who were sick!! They said 65 present of the people on board got sick( norovirus).luckely it wasn't us.i think because of all the liquid medicine we drank!!all in all a great trip and I would do again thanks for the help and well wishes!

kc

Re: Back from Alaska!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Have been waiting for your report. Glad you had a good time. I have done it 3 times. And would do it again if it weren't for all the people on the ship.Did you try to go up to the 2nd bridge in Ketchikan? You could have fished from the bridge to the bay.

kc

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2017, 02:44 PM »
On side note the fishing has been great at the salmon river. Got 3 dime bright coho's Wed. 3 for 30

Swampking89

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2017, 03:56 PM »
No the wife had us booked for an excursion .good job at the river.thanks again!!

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2017, 04:23 PM »
Sounds like an awesome adventure!

O

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2017, 02:07 PM »
Glad to hear you had a good time, looking forward to some pictures!

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Glad to hear you had a good time, looking forward to some pictures!
X2

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2017, 03:04 PM »
X3.5

Swampking89

« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2017, 04:54 PM »
If me or my wife can figure it out I'll post. Might have to wait till our daughter gets home for some help!! My wife must have taken a 1000 Picts.stay tuned!!

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2017, 04:19 PM »
Sounds like a good trip. Definitely on my bucket list!!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Sounds like an awesome trip! Can't wait to see a few pictures...  ;)
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Swampking89

« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2017, 04:07 PM »
Well I can scratch #1 off my bucket list !! Been wanting to go since I was like 12 or so !! Next time ( if I go) would be for fishing only!! If I could get my wife to agree!!maybe for me and my grandson.we'll see.

salmonboy41

« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2017, 02:19 PM »
Well I can scratch #1 off my bucket list !! Been wanting to go since I was like 12 or so !! Next time ( if I go) would be for fishing only!! If I could get my wife to agree!!maybe for me and my grandson.we'll see.
o you have to go back and just fish.  not sure how much of a fly fishermen you are but I went this summer basically to fishing and it was amazing. I caught fish i never thought i would see in person like grayling, and cutthroats.

Swampking89

« Reply #13 on: Sep 21, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Not much but if the fishing is that good,how good do I need to be? Did you go to a fly in or something else? Let me know.PM me if you want.thanks.

Swampking89

« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2017, 04:48 PM »
On a side note,going to the Paul McCartney concert sat. My wife's birthday present to me!! Gonna be awesome!! I think she likes me!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.