FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: M C KINGS  (Read 1554 times)

Spooled85

M C KINGS
« on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:08 PM »
I seen so.one got a mess of Kings out of the creek today !

Spooled85

Re: M C KINGS
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2017, 10:17 AM »
where u c it and what would qualifies as a mess?  have the alewives came back and stockings went back up?

Three buddies and three limits . And I don't know anything about alewives...

bherr24

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2017, 11:25 PM »
I used to go up to MC every year and fish the harbor area for kings in the fall.  I had some good trips and some trips where i was skunked. Last time i went was 3 or 4 years ago and i managed 1 king in 2 days of fishing.  The runs the last several years have been so bad it hasn't been worth wasting my time or gas to drive all the way up there.

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2017, 12:37 PM »
I used to go up to MC every year and fish the harbor area for kings in the fall.  I had some good trips and some trips where i was skunked. Last time i went was 3 or 4 years ago and i managed 1 king in 2 days of fishing.  The runs the last several years have been so bad it hasn't been worth wasting my time or gas to drive all the way up there.

Yeah I here ya ! The king run is so hot or miss . I can remember years where I was in a parka fishing Kings and it was cold as ..... And now the Kings are doing there thing and you need skeeters spray and I towel to wipe the sweat up !

indianahooker

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:32 PM »
i heard the same as bherr24.  they say arent stocking kings like they were and the runs just arent there anymore.  is this not the case and there will be loads of fish in the rivers here soon?  i went with some friends about 6 yrs ago and never seen so many fish!  they were literally swimming threw my legs.  buddies havent been up there in 4 years because of the low numbers.  i hope you are rite and it has came back.

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2017, 06:49 PM »
i heard the same as bherr24.  they say arent stocking kings like they were and the runs just arent there anymore.  is this not the case and there will be loads of fish in the rivers here soon?  i went with some friends about 6 yrs ago and never seen so many fish!  they were literally swimming threw my legs.  buddies havent been up there in 4 years because of the low numbers.  i hope you are rite and it has came back.

Well I would say even if they are sticking them like they once was , doesn't mean we won't get a good season from year to year.  I know the last couple of years have been low numbers and it seems this year is going to redeem itself from the past few . Just like the coho , four years or so ago we cought 5 to 8 lb coho left and right out front and old chrter guys said they haven't seen those consistent sizes like that in years . And then this year out deep we have the big cohos again. So I think they just come in spands from my observation over the past few years .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.