FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: YELLOW GOLD  (Read 3553 times)

abishop

YELLOW GOLD
« on: Sep 23, 2017, 04:30 PM »
I AM SUPPOSEDLY OFF MONDAY. WAS HOPING TO FISH SOMEWHERE. ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING THEY CARE 2 SHARE. I WOULD LIKE TO TARGET PERCH IF THEY ARE AROUND. IF NOT HAVE TO SETTLE FOR GILLS.

libo

Re: YELLOW GOLD
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2017, 10:15 AM »
al, was out yesterday caught lots of doubles & triples, very few over 5''. ended with 7 nice ones in 4 hrs of fishing. not worth the effort in this heat. nice to see the smaller fish, good for the future. any one else catching lots of channel cats this yr at m.c. we've caught around 20 this year [3 to 7#]. caught them before at city but not this many.

wallin

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Thanks for the report.
Wallin

boondox

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2017, 04:56 PM »
Lake erie is on fire according to reports lots of jumbo and lots of dinks lots of people launching out of sterling st park...  and etc.. launches are so full the dnr is warning people to launch else ware up and down south east  michigan coast...  minows are scares cause of the amount of perch and boaters..  this is according to the dnr weekly report for south east michigan as of September 21 .. any how might be worth the drive if the winds are light.. I  hear jumbo perch in the 18 to 24 inch range  being caught..  but got to drift and drag harness till you find a school then anchor above them  then hopefully they don't lose intrest.. any how it good hearin great reports Like this  from dnr.. to bad the out of state licence for the year is $76 but do have a daily and three day permit..  any how best of luck cause they probably moved deeper cause of all this heat we have had lately but just letting you know if you stay around there.. the weathe service is saying  starting Thursday this week is a cold front coming in and iam sure the fish will move in with the cold front.. hope this info help you out best of luck..

fishinator

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2017, 05:52 PM »
[quoteI  hear jumbo perch in the 18 to 24 inch range  being caught.[/quote] either a typo or someone is pulling your leg!

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2017, 06:11 PM »
[quoteI  hear jumbo perch in the 18 to 24 inch range  being caught. either a typo or someone is pulling your leg!

World record is 18 inch 4 pounds 3 oz so thinking it a leg pulling lol's..   been hearing big perch coming out of erie lately though and people are flocking to it..

I think the guy I talk to got the perch and waleye reports mixed up no biggie lol's 

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:08 PM »
friend of ,mine has a 18 3/4 perch on the wall.

boondox

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2017, 11:48 PM »
friend of ,mine has a 18 3/4 perch on the wall.

The michigan state record is 21 inch  @3 pounds 12 ones but the all tackle world record is 18 inch 4 pound 3 ounes has Been standing sine 1865 .. there was also a Yong girl that had a ice fishing record broke in Idaho for tip up fishing 18 inch 2 pounds 11.68 ounce I think it was the girth on thus fish was around 12.75 inch  all depends on weight  I am sure there are some big fish out there cought a few master angler sized fish out of a few lakes my self.. a 14..75 plus inch crappie and rock bass couple small mouth 6.5 pound..  to name a few..  there are big fish out there.. I don't  secound guess you on the 18.75 inch perch  either.. ..

fishcrazy

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2017, 08:43 AM »
May devise a Goby recipe the way the perch are going....catching plenty of them.  Lots of baitfish shallow just not catching anything big.  May need to go further east.

boondox

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2017, 03:37 PM »
May devise a Goby recipe the way the perch are going....catching plenty of them.  Lots of baitfish shallow just not catching anything big.  May need to go further east.

Guys are drifting no drift sock with a perch rig riged with minnows they hit fish and anchor up so let the wind be your guide.. if east wind head  further east and let it blow you in  if west go further wast and let it carry you out ..  and drag till you get the big guys .. from what I am hearing that's how there doing it finding nice sized fish then anchoring up.. there ticking bottom with the weight and finding jumbos..

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2017, 11:15 AM »
Nice! Still would like to see a 18 inch Perch in Indiana.

boondox

« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2017, 01:27 PM »
was on the west end of lake erie yesterday on a perch run.  fished east of west sister area on friends boat.  the perch must be much bigger on the east end.  we caught a half doz 12"ers but the rest of the bag was 8-10"s.  pulled our 4 man limit in 3 1/2 hours. the size has increased the last couple years.  it makes it worth the trip now, if you know someone with a boat there. if it cost much more than the 20 bucks each it mite not be worth it.  there are plenty of 8-10" perch rite around here.  now 14-18"ers mite be another story! lol  those are some heavy sacks there man!

Seen 3x 14 -18 inchers cought same day last year out of a marina from shore on lake erie.. any how there heading for spawning grounds now.. but are still deep in the water report last night was saying fish are 22 to 26 fow out in front of Fermi.. hopefully we get some big perch form there in the next few years.. have been hearing the emerald population took a major hit and there starting to eat gizzard shads..  so that mean a good turn form the worst.. the fish are moving north towards detroit river from sterling st. park.. might be trying to get in the warm waters of fermi to..  got a week of cold temps fish should be on move this week so keep eye on it..

boondox

« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Just a heads up was down at erie metro park water there to warm for shore fishing..  for perch there deeper out going to head there every week or two till we hit them good spawning in the shallows..  but we did manage a few bass one at erie metro park and one at elsibeth park in Trenton.. also been hearing bigger perch were cought at celron  island  in the trenton channel..  also hearing reports shore anglers are managing walleye but it pick and chose between what days are best. Cause of weeds blowing in . by the way bottom line bait and tackle has minnows if you guys need some..  they sell ohio and michigan licence there to .. and lots of boats there fishing perch so it shows fish are deeper out..

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Sep 29, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Seen 3x 14 -18 inchers cought same day last year out of a marina from shore on lake erie.. any how there heading for spawning grounds now.. but are still deep in the water report last night was saying fish are 22 to 26 fow out in front of Fermi.. hopefully we get some big perch form there in the next few years.. have been hearing the emerald population took a major hit and there starting to eat gizzard shads..  so that mean a good turn form the worst.. the fish are moving north towards detroit river from sterling st. park.. might be trying to get in the warm waters of fermi to..  got a week of cold temps fish should be on move this week so keep eye on it..

I'd like to see an 18 inch anywhere. No one ever seems to have their camera with them when they catch one or see one, but they almost always have one with them with the smaller perch. Why is that?  ;)

I hand feed the perch in my pond and can produce them regularly to 14 inches with some 15s. Only produced one 16 inch fish 12 years ago and have never repeated it. An 18 inch perch has to be as rare as a 15 lb. bass in Indiana.

All the state records I've seen weren't even 18 inches.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Get_the_Net

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Heading for spawning grounds?  LMAO!!!  You realize perch spawn in the spring and not in the fall right?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.