FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your Favourite Canadian Fishing Show  (Read 19190 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Your Favourite Canadian Fishing Show
« on: Sep 18, 2005, 08:32 AM »
I dont know exactly how many programs are out there, but I wanted to know your favorite Canadian Fishing Show and if you could go on a fishing trip with one host who would you chose?

Mine has to be either  "Fish'N Canada" or "Canadian Sport Fishing". FNC because they fish alot of areas I know or would have access to fish, nothing exotic. And CSF due to Italo, the man has knowledge and he would be my choice for the host I would like to have on a fishing trip

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
Re: Your Favourite Canadian Fishing Show
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Fishing Alberta is my choice for show, but I don't think I'd want a host along due to the fact they would probably criticize everthing you did and wouldn't shut up about everything they did. :unsure: :nono:

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2005, 01:08 PM »
i used to love that show with Italo labignan (sp?) and henry wazchuck (sp?).  I think that is CSF.  we haven't gotten that show around here in a few years, but it was a fantastic show, not tremendously informative but VERY entertaining.  My fav. episodes were fishing those little tiny tribs for big steelhead, and all those big brookies they used to catch up in Labrador.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2005, 02:24 PM »
yup bigred that was CSF. They went off the air for a few years because they got caught poaching i believe. They were filming either out of season or in sanctuaries or something like that.

But after a few years of persecution Italo is back and his show is just as good as ever. Minus Wazchuk who is still doing so local fishing things.

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2005, 08:20 AM »
I too know about the Canadian Sportsfishing show disaster and don't bother with either of those poachers anymore . I still like my buddy Bob Izumi and the real fishing team or else Charlie Wrays show but heh K.Dog is good too with his full contact fishing approach . Man he just outright mugs fish . LOL ;D

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

buzzbomb

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2005, 08:46 AM »
 I think what happened with Hank and Italo was they got caught snagging fish (a really blonde moment) and that was the end of their show for awhile.  I wouldn't of wanted to fish with either of them even before that happened.  They spent so much time holding their fish out of the water and saying dumb redundant things.. "Wow! Just look at the beautiful colours on that fish!" I was screaming at the tv.. "Just put the d**n thing back or kill it!"  The best Cdn show (and has been for a long, long time) is Bob Izumi's Real Fishing Show.  He's a serious pro and still looks like he's having the time of his life every time he gets on the water.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Here is some background for those who did not hear about the Canadian Sport Fishing issue

CRTC, April 1998:
Canadian Sportfishing host Henry Waszczuk has been fined
$800 in Peterborough court for fishing out of season. The TSN
personality was charged with catching 10 bass before the
season opened...

Fish Ontario, July 1998:
TV anglers turfed by peers
TELEVISION fishing stars Henry Waszczuk and Italo Labignan had their Outdoor Writers of Canada (OWC) memberships revoked at the organization's annual membership meeting in late May, held in Victoria, BC.

OWC guidelines of professional conduct state,"Members should never violate fish, game, conservation, or environmental laws or regulations." Waszczuk and Canadian Sportfishing co-host Labignan pleaded guilty on five illegal fishing charges in just over one month and paid $3,400 in fines. The pair were each fined $800 on April 3 in Trenton court for foul-hooking Trent River whitefish in November 1995 and rehooking them in the mouth for filming. Labignan was also fined another $200 for hooking another angler's out-of-season lake trout to his own line and recording it being brought in.

In Peterborough court April 16, Waszczuk pleaded guilty to fishing for bass out of season near Minden on June 16, 1995. He was fined $800. On May 4, Waszcuk was fined another $800 for fishing salmon on October 13, 1995, in a Bronte Creek closed area.

Right in my neck of the woods as well. But Im a live in and let live kind of guy. I disagree with what they did but I bet there are many other TV shows out there that do or did the same thing.

trapperdirk

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Well some of they're shenanigans was done while they had a special permit to be in a sanctuary to do studies and here they were filming the catching of fish under the guise of said permit . It was a  disgusting display for personal gain while they always preached another message and the hypocrisy of it all has soured many from ever watching them again or having ties to them .
   I too never cared for the show before or after the charges but they did have their following and still do . The partnership they had is bust though from my understanding,,, and Henry is on his own with the Fishing the Flats show and also the Fins and Skins show .

TD

TD

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2005, 01:12 AM »
I like all the fishing shows on t.v. they all are informative for me.
But if I had to pick 3 they would be:
1 The Complete Angler ;D
2 The Reel Fishing Show ;)
3 Canadian Sport Fishing :)

Henry Waszczuk is still fishing. I have seen him in 2 different fishing show, Fishing the Flats and Fins and Skins classic adventures. Fishing the Flats, is ocean fishing in many tropical locations, and Fins and skins classic adventures combins golf and fishing. For every fish they catch it is subtracted from there golf game, lol, not a bad idea. ;D

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

grumpymoe

« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2005, 06:33 AM »
only one word to describe those two................DUMB!!!!......Grump >:(

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Yeah I wasn't very impressed with what Henry Waszczuk did either. What kind of message does that send? Especially to young kids (I think I was only 11 years old then). I used to watch CSF all the time. Now I just watch Sport Fishin BC

(If I'm up before sunrise, well you know where I'm gonna be. headin down the backroads, to, Sport Fishin BC)

Thats part of the theme song :P :w00t: Makes me happy ;D

KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2005, 10:39 AM »
What?; nobody like the Dimestore Fisherman.

I wonder why they like to fish in B.C. so much?   :-X ;)
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

trapperdirk

« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2005, 12:18 PM »
What?; nobody like the Dimestore Fisherman.

I been wondering when them two clowns would be brought up or the two blondes Shelley and Courtney . LOL ;D

TD

TD

slim slinger

« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2005, 04:16 AM »
Fishful Thinking isnt to bad either...not on alot but i always watch it when it is.....Izumi too has my vote for #1

Slim

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2005, 02:16 PM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You're givin it away!!

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.