FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Golf cart bracket drag racing  (Read 1065 times)

fishinator

Golf cart bracket drag racing
« on: Jun 06, 2022, 07:30 AM »
So my local community club asked if I would help them come up with an event for our annual 4th celebration.  We live in a small town and everyone has a golf cart. Bracket drag racing it is.
   I wired up the Christmas tree and controller/timing panel over the weekend.  The controller will start a stopwatch to begin the timing and a beam sensor at the finish line will stop the timer. Delays will have to be set between races but the PLC I used are very user friendly.  Should be a good time.

Mac Attack

Re: Golf cart bracket drag racing
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2022, 10:57 AM »
sweet

How fast do your carts run typically?
I just bought Donna a new cart down in FL.
In high range it does 27-28 MPH on the iphone GPS app.
Just curious if her cart would be a competitor.
 ;)

fishinator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2022, 11:27 AM »
I have no ideahow fast they will go, but it's going to be bracket style. So slower carts will get a head start based on qualifying times. So even the slowest cart could win.
  Heads up start would have been a lot easier on wiring. As it is, I have one controller that starts a sequence of 3 yellow lights and the green light (.5 seconds apart). The controller sends a signal to a second controller to start the sequence of lights for the other lane based on the time difference of the carts.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2022, 03:03 PM »
,Maybe this guy will show up.

Not bad for a Sparky. Rumor has it they are building one capable of 160mph+.

fishinator

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2022, 04:36 PM »
Haha, I sure hope not. The town allows side by sides but I decided not to allow them at this event just to be safe and keep the speeds down. I don't want anyone crashing and getting hurt.

fishinator

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2022, 07:08 AM »
Race went great. Crowd loved it. Something about drag racing painfully slow vehicles is just funny. Surprisingly the 2 slowest carts placed 1st and 2nd. Raised $500 for our community club. Had some problems with the sunlight messing with the photosensors, but some strategically placed cardboard for shade fixed the problem.  Probably going to become an annual event.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2022, 10:40 AM »
Good job. It's great when a new event goes off smoothly. Everyone enjoyed and I think the next one will be a bunch bigger.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2022, 12:28 PM »
That just sounds like a lot of fun!

Good for you.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.