FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98811 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Nice work Jon.

Great report.

This forum has completely slowed down. Either people are fishing (which is a great thing) or people have moved on. Seem's like the same 10 guys on here.
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2019, 08:45 AM »

This forum has completely slowed down. Either people are fishing (which is a great thing) or people have moved on. Seem's like the same 10 guys on here.
This is true but at least this forum is pure fishing it seems all the other ones talk about politics and weed and everything besides fishing.

lowaccord66

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2019, 11:37 AM »
Thanks.  I think im skipping the evening hatch to drag myself to the ditch...

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2019, 12:17 PM »
Thanks.  I think im skipping the evening hatch to drag myself to the ditch...

That's more like it!
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2019, 12:35 PM »
That's more like it!

Last weekend was no bueno...someone spot burned me.  Upset.  Going solo and meeting with local buddies.  Ill never show another person around the canal ever again.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Last weekend was no bueno...someone spot burned me.  Upset.  Going solo and meeting with local buddies.  Ill never show another person around the canal ever again.

That blows big time. Sorry to hear that man. You give some people an inch and they take a mile.

Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2019, 04:32 PM »
That blows big time. Sorry to hear that man. You give some people an inch and they take a mile.

If I say hey Mike heres my deal I am very concerned about the pressures stripers face so keep it between us id expect you to understand.  Im not insecure about my spots and can travel anywhere I want to chase them...just a respect/loyalty thing.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Had that happen to a couple of holes I like to fish. It blows big time. I may probe around the canal Saturday night sunday morning if the seabass dont tire me out too much.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #83 on: Jun 01, 2019, 02:39 AM »
If I say hey Mike heres my deal I am very concerned about the pressures stripers face so keep it between us id expect you to understand.  Im not insecure about my spots and can travel anywhere I want to chase them...just a respect/loyalty thing.

Respect is they key word. I get tips and give tips but it's never someone else's tip.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #84 on: Jun 01, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Respect is they key word. I get tips and give tips but it's never someone else's tip.

Just the tip.  Ha!  I just got back.  Some fish on the east end but not for me.  Time to hit the river before I lose steam.

lowaccord66

« Reply #85 on: Jun 01, 2019, 09:23 PM »
Well.  I took some extra effort to get to a piece of Farmington I've wanted to fish for years.  What a pay off.  3 hours of bow after bow.  With a few wild browns and brookies mixed in.  Nothing huge but certainly takes the sting out of a canal skunking.

lowaccord66

« Reply #86 on: Jun 10, 2019, 10:05 PM »
Took a walk in the rain this evening.  Caught 7 to 8 brookies, a few bows and browns too.  Nothing huge.  Good sulfur hatch helped.  Fish were hitting almost every drift. 

Interesting bit of karma...I sunk a #14 in my index finger releasing a fish.  If it had a barb I would have had a bad time.  Thankfully it was barb less.  Thought that was worth noting.

bogtrotter

« Reply #87 on: Jun 11, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Interesting bit of karma...I sunk a #14 in my index finger releasing a fish.  If it had a barb I would have had a bad time.  Thankfully it was barb less.  Thought that was worth noting.

Ouch!  Glad you got the hook out without any problems - - and caught a few fish too.

westernmas

« Reply #88 on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:24 AM »
I had the afternoon off yesterday and hit up the east and main branch of the Westfield. Not tons of bug activity but figured the fish would be active before the storms. Ended up w 2 brookies, 2 bows and a nice brown. Brown was a beauty.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #89 on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:56 AM »
That is a beautiful brown Pat.  Nice work!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.