FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: gone to Maine MFF?  (Read 1995 times)

dickbaker

gone to Maine MFF?
« on: Sep 12, 2017, 03:44 PM »
 ::) Check out Maine MFF and see what how active  NH and Vt.  sites should be.  Maybe when IS gets active in December??
Dick

NH_RED

Re: gone to Maine MFF?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2017, 03:53 PM »
Size matters in this case!  You have more opportunities then you have more people fishing and more people on the net. Sounds pretty simple doesn't it? Conversely with less  opportunities and fewer fishermen info is kept even more guarded ;)
At least that is the take that make sense to me ;D

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Good point Nh red. Even the Maine board is really slow compared to years past. Facebook is killing these sites In my opinion. Even the Maine or NY boards which have a lot of action only seem to have a few dozen core contributors.

I could care less. There is still a ton of info on this site, and a bunch of good people who will help you out if asked. I personally hate Facebook, and haven't had an account in probably 10 years now, and don't miss it one bit.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Not a FB fan myself.  I never did anything more than register for an account foolishly....years ago.  This and iceshanty are enough socializing for me!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2017, 05:59 PM »
I think there's only about 16 guys in Vermont that fish, Dick, and probably half a dozen or so of them are too old to use a computer?  :w00t:
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fish wayniac

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2017, 07:17 PM »
I follow the New England sites. I like to see fish pictures,hear fishermans stories, get info etc! I grew up in VT and have fished Lake champlain, Winooski and Huntington rivers. The Vermont MFF site is a bit quiet. Maybe people are tight lipped and not care about sharring!

dickbaker

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Agreed!  I don't like Facebook and wouldn't  use anything called Twitter :P
Family asked me to register at Facebook.  Now I can't get rid or it.  I can't even relegate
it to SPAM?   
Sept. and October are such great months for warm water fish I'm afraid everyone will be too busy fishing to bother reporting here?
Maybe its time to start talking about new ice fishing gear??
Dick

porkpiehat

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2017, 08:40 PM »
I have what is probably a diagnosable obsession with fishing so I like both the MFF and FB pages. I think FB is better for pics. Maine has a longer season in some cases than the big NH lakes so maybe that's some of the extra activity

MGK

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2017, 03:27 AM »
Maine has always been busy compared to other forums on here. But as already stated, it has slowed down considerably in the last few years. I remember IS used to get so busy in the winter that you'd have to go back a couple pages just to see all the posts/comments from that day.
It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

fishlessman

« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2017, 09:21 AM »
the forums are getting so slow. i think it picks up a bit on ice shanty because theres more wannabees that talk the talk but bail because of wind, cold etc ;D

dickbaker

« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:22 AM »
The NH site is pretty slow but the Vt. site seems to be dead in the water.    Hunting season will probably make it worse?

Soon we will all be sending photos of frozen puddles.  By the end of October I will get excited about heavy trout stocking at local
unregulated ponds! This weekend I'm headed to Champlain for pike and hickory nut collecting.
Dick

jibbs

« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2017, 11:03 AM »
social media has really helped me with my overall fishing technique...facebook allows me follow a number of elite fisherman as well as the random weekend fisherman...twitter is another great source even though its similar to facebook...youtube allows me learn certain lure techniques and how to read electronics, etc.....I will always check in here to help the individual looking for a spot or I need information on a certain place but this site has been dead since I joined 2 decades ago..i don't think its been two decades but its another site to look at...
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2017, 03:48 PM »
On the flip side Social Media has killed some fisheries and is the greatest contributor to what I call "lazy fishing"  The flip side of the coin is social media bolsters participation in what is a sport, that at least from licensing numbers, sees decreased participation annually.  Have to take the good and the bad.  

One carefully executed adwords campaign could help this site, but I fear the instant gratification of someone burning a spot or pattern on youtube or FB is preferred for some over actual discussion amd reading.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.