FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best (non chain) tackle shop  (Read 6694 times)

esox v

Best (non chain) tackle shop
« on: Jun 23, 2009, 09:19 PM »
 After reading the Gander thread... I was wondering what you guys think the best non chain store tackle shop is? In your area.. or that you have been to in our state.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

MILLERMANKT

Re: Best (non chain) tackle shop
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2009, 09:25 PM »
Niagara Outdoors, Witmer road in North Tonawanda. Jeff (owner) is BEYOND knowledgeable on hunting and fishing. Great selection, if he doesn't have it he will get it.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2009, 11:36 PM »
 When I'm out west, B & E Tackle just this side of Rochester, up here Hands down, Jimmy Dence's place All Season's Sports! When on Oneida I go to App's he filled the walls this summer, plus hand tieing thousands of jigs! Walls are full of jigs!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2009, 05:31 AM »

Cant think of any left. There is one upstairs in the Old Forge Hardwear Store, but it is expensive and mostly fly fishing stuff.
     Other than an occasional marina that sells minnows and worms I really cant think of any.. :'( :'( :'(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

infectedtoe1952

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2009, 06:03 AM »
spankys bait and tackle shop, lou and sarah have a large quanity of fishing bait and tackle for your every needs . they are located on blind sodus road just outside of fair haven ny. their phone # 947 6171 and they are opened everyday at 6 am. look for their signs and they can handle trailerable boats turning around in their driveway. awesome bait, great fair prices and very friendly hosts, what more can you ask for?

infectedtoe1952

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2009, 06:13 AM »
ITS ME OR THEM tackle shop. they have tackle for all seasons and probably can handle your every fishing needs. from pike leaders, hooks, sinkers,bobbers, rods,reels,jigheads [ mostly panfish and bass], crankbaits etc. give dave a call at 5941722. he lives in north wolcott on wadsworth road. over 100 icerods, ice lures and line available anytime just call first please. i have some new vintage reels also like zebco u4s and used 300 mitchels [ a few of each]. thanks for your interest.

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2009, 06:16 AM »
THE BAITMAN IN WILSON; NIAGARA OUTDOORS TOO

Hollywood

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2009, 06:26 AM »
1000 islands bait is always a good stop on the way through Alexandria bay.

fishlakegeorge

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2009, 06:54 AM »
I go to Fish307.com in Queensbury NY. It is near exit 20 of I-87. Jeff and the staff are very aware of what it takes to catch fish and fisherman.  8)

jkoegel

• Born to fish, forced to work.
« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2009, 07:30 AM »
Hey Snagger, I was going to say B&E Tackle.
Next to the giant windmill on rt104 in Ontario, a few miles E of rochester.
Unlike the chains you can buy ice tackle throughout the ice season.
I have never been let down there.

walleyeguy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2009, 07:40 AM »
fat nancys

fishmaster13184

« Reply #11 on: Jun 24, 2009, 08:02 AM »
fat nancys
Really? I always hated having to stop there. Tell em' where ya got it shop in wayland!!!!!

FishTank19

• There ain't no fish in this lake.....
« Reply #12 on: Jun 24, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Woodys in Port ontario hands down or all seasons sports in pulaski
NYS Licensed Guide #6652. Need a guide for the Pulaski area give me a call 315-807-7844.

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #13 on: Jun 24, 2009, 10:51 AM »
spankys bait and tackle shop, lou and sarah have a large quanity of fishing bait and tackle for your every needs . they are located on blind sodus road just outside of fair haven ny. their phone # 947 6171 and they are opened everyday at 6 am. look for their signs and they can handle trailerable boats turning around in their driveway. awesome bait, great fair prices and very friendly hosts, what more can you ask for?

That guy is by far one of my favs...I'll never walk into Screwy Louis again, its a little outta the way but worth the drive....very fair prices for minnows.....

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #14 on: Jun 24, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Woodys in Port ontario hands down or all seasons sports in pulaski
Woody's gets my vote too. Always stop there when heading to Sandy Pond and Chaumont. Also a big fan of Thousand Islands Bait and Tackle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.