FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bought My Old Fart's License This Morning  (Read 4810 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Bought My Old Fart's License This Morning
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 04:53 AM »
Come on RG, after that first rabbit hits your garden you will be hunting....h2l

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 06:23 AM »
It'll have to jump a 5' fence. But, if it does........

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2020, 02:31 PM »
I regret not getting my lifetime sportsman's license back when they were first offered. It was just more than I could see spending at the time. Should have expected them to raise fees.

For this years'  fishing license a few weeks ago  tried the DEC site 3 times and could not get my online license purchase to go through. Called several sporting goods stores who were either closed or could not offer through curbside pick up. Then tried several local town offices (both in Rochester and Syracuse) until I found one that would accept a credit card payment over the phone. I picked up this years' fishing license and DEC guide in an envelope taped to their front door.

Interesting times we are in right now ...
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

taxid

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2020, 03:50 PM »
I'm a "lifer"!
Turned 70 in March. Fishing license expired yesterday. Bought my lifetime sportsman's license this morning.

Last sporting  license I'll ever have to buy!

I like that.

Rg

Jeeze in my state once you turn 65 you don't have to buy a license anymore! But then NY requires a fishing license to fish your own private pond! Not here.

On the other hand my state stopped selling lifetime licenses. They were loosing their butts in lost revenue!  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Indiana has always had osme different tax and licensing procedures.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #35 on: Jun 02, 2020, 04:43 PM »
finally straightened out my login stuff. Heard some stuff about the opening to Lake Ontario from Sandy Pond wasn't naviagable. Yoau heard anything.
You want to watch out my bud is a captain told me it’s filled back in , last time he was out told me boat beach side was the deeper side , which would be the south side of the channel and very close to shore  , now that info  is a couple weeks old and things change so be careful , wish I had more up to date info

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #36 on: Jun 02, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I've been making use of my lifetime license every day. Today I started out to launch the boat......rained out.....so I grabbed the 2 wt and chased gills for a while.

Later I did osme drift float fishing for cats in an outflow I know. Went 12 for 15 averaging 1.5 - 5lbs.

Fun way to spend a re-retired day.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2020, 07:32 PM »

Sounds like a good time RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Jun 03, 2020, 08:04 AM »
Played with the cats this morning. Went 2 for 3 before the sky turned an ugly color. It poured just as I got my stuff in the car

They were pretty nice and certainly fun.

The net is 20" across. I'll go back when the rain settles down.

Rg

P.S.

Went back after it stopped raining. 4 for 6 this afternoon. Line got so twisted up I had to stop. Don't know how to defeat this problem. I re- spooled with new line before I went back. 2 ball bearing swivels in line. One above the bobber and one above the hook. The drifts are very long. Out to 125 yards or more I'd guess with the current taking out a lot of line.

Wish I had a centerpin.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Jun 04, 2020, 04:39 AM »
Looks like fun Bob...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.