MyFishFinder By Species > Crappie

Crappie tips

(1/3) > >>

JDthree:
I've got a "hot" tip on from shore crappie, i have never exclusive fished for crappie....any tips??

The Prizz:
JD, I was catching some good ones on a blueish/white glow ice jig with a twister this past weekend. It didn't matter what color tail, just had to be a twister!! I tried a couple of different tails and wouldn't get hit, put a twister on and BAM!!!! Got a couple of bonus perch along with a couple of nice gills....All thrown back. Hope this helps, we tried a couple diffferent lakes in Van Buren County and this presentation worked in both lakes!!

TheDL:
Prizz, you bouncing those jigs along bottom or under a float?  how deep?  near structure?  I try for crappie all the time, but seems like a fluke when I find them  ???

The Prizz:
The best presentation was casting in about 14fow around tall weed edges and letting the bait just drop and by the time it was reaching the bottom i would have a fish on. Another pres was 3' under a slip bobber drifting in about the same depth. I didn't have any live bait, and bass fishing was getting boring, so I tried for the specs and did pretty well. The twisters were about 1"-1 1/4" and I did best on white.............

TheDL:
cool, thanks for the tips...I have a nice 6 day break from work starting tommorow at 5pm, hoping to get into some walleye, bass and crappie!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version