FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: need advice for vacation fishing posobilitys  (Read 3312 times)

bayonne

need advice for vacation fishing posobilitys
« on: Mar 12, 2005, 09:49 PM »
im am going to ocean city for a week in april any good fishing close fresh or salt would be greatful for any help

FishDeepCreek

• Happiness Is A Jumbo Panfish!
Re: need advice for vacation fishing posobilitys
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Try some of the back bays in the area (Assawomen bay) for flounder. Also  can do surf fishing at  Assateague and nearby 3'R in Delaware. If you are going on a boat (esp a small craft) watch the inlets going to the ocean, the current there can get nasty during tide changes! Fish with flounder Pounders, and common flunder tackle. Most of the Marinas, and local Bait and tackle shops there should be able to guide you to whats biting and where.  Indian River Bay in Delaware is another place to try. I think in Delaware you dont need a license to salt water fish, but I could be wrong, so dont hold me to that. You can also crab, and clam the back bays as well. Chincoteague is supposed to be good fishing as well.

bayonne

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2005, 05:00 PM »
thanks for the help i never fishd md yet when you say flounder aer you yalking winter or summer

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2005, 09:02 AM »
I haven't fished OC in April so I personally can't help you much.  From what I gather, stripers, tautog, winter flounder, some summer flounder can be caught all year, and spanish mackerel begin to show up when it warms.  Like I said though, I'm not really sure how good the fishing is or isn't.  Here are some links that may help you out, both of which have given me good info in the past:

http://www.atbeach.com/fishing/fishrpts.html

http://www.atbeach.com/fishing/fishrpts.html

Now one thing if for sure though, the Eastern Shore ponds in both Maryland and Virginia as well as the brackish creeks and rivers can provide good action for panfish, pickerel and largemouth bass in April.  Some good action can be found in Salisbury Maryland just about 1/2 hour West of OC.  If you decide to take some time to fish there, Johnson's and Leonards Ponds are good, so is the Wicomico River right in town.  There is some shore fishing but a car top boat is best.  If you are interested in some of that kind of fishing shoot me an e-mail, I can definitely help you there.

bayonne

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2005, 08:47 PM »
thanks for the help fat boy not sure what im doing yet going with the wife and kids and she doesnt fish will most likely fish one day at most if winter flounder are avalible might shoose that the warter in nj is still to cold yet very slow flounder so far but blackfish sounds even better going aprill 9th thats when our schools are closed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.