FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MA Trout Stocking Map  (Read 1712 times)

bogtrotter

MA Trout Stocking Map
« on: May 13, 2020, 01:26 PM »
Verrry Interesting (to quote that guy who used to in Laff In).

The last I checked the MA Trout Stocking Map a week or so ago, there were lots of black push pins for "has been stocked" and a smattering of purple diamonds for "coming soon."

I just checked the map again, and it shows all black push pins now.  But when you actually click on some of them, it says "coming soon."

Anyone else know something about this?

(Hint, hint - - If there's a DFW employee out there who's on this site, could you please fill the rest of us in?)

Steve H.

Re: MA Trout Stocking Map
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 01:41 PM »
I suspect it's like NH and Maine.  They abruptly ceased making public updates some time in late March or April. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Ryan51993

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 03:08 PM »
Mine still shows mostly push pins with a few diamonds like it did a month ago. The only difference I've noticed is that a few small streams were taken off the trout stocked waters list entirely. Which actually doesn't bother me, more space for the natives.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 05:03 PM »
Mine still shows mostly push pins with a few diamonds like it did a month ago. The only difference I've noticed is that a few small streams were taken off the trout stocked waters list entirely. Which actually doesn't bother me, more space for the natives.

Im with your last sentence 100%.  Stocking pellet heads on top of wild trout is moronic.

bogtrotter

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 05:39 PM »
I fired off an email to the DFW this afternoon, asking them what the deal was.

If and when I get a response, I'll let y'all know what they say.

bogtrotter

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 05:49 PM »
B/T/W -  The guy from Laugh In (NOT "Laff In"- - I'm not sure why I thought otherwise when I did my original post on this thread) whose catch phrase was "Verrrry Interesting" was Arte Johnson.

It was bugging me that I couldn't think of his name.

Don'cha hate when that happens? 

(Who had THAT catch phrase?  A duo from Saturday Night Live, I think.  Billy Crystal and . . .?  Now I cann't think of the other guy's name)

Anyway, I kept thinking the Laugh In guy was Artie Shaw, but I knew that couldn't be right, 'cuz he was a 1930's swing band leader.

OK, that's my senior moment for the day . . .

But, if someone can tell me who was the other "Don'cha hate when that happens" guy, I'd really appreciate it.

bogtrotter

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 05:55 PM »
So, to answer my own question, according to the Interweb, the other "Don'cha hate when that happens" guy from SNL was Christopher Guest - - who, according to ImDB, was also in "This is Spinal Tap," which in turn brings up the catch phrase "But it goes to 11."

bogtrotter

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 06:42 AM »
A gent from the DFW replied to my email yesterday.

He wrote that spring stocking is just about complete.

He added that they had loads going out this week (mainly to the Western District) and that will be the end of the spring stocking.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 07:15 AM »
B/T/W -  The guy from Laugh In (NOT "Laff In"- - I'm not sure why I thought otherwise when I did my original post on this thread) whose catch phrase was "Verrrry Interesting" was Arte Johnson.

It was bugging me that I couldn't think of his name.

Don'cha hate when that happens? 

(Who had THAT catch phrase?  A duo from Saturday Night Live, I think.  Billy Crystal and . . .?  Now I cann't think of the other guy's name)

Anyway, I kept thinking the Laugh In guy was Artie Shaw, but I knew that couldn't be right, 'cuz he was a 1930's swing band leader.

OK, that's my senior moment for the day . . .

But, if someone can tell me who was the other "Don'cha hate when that happens" guy, I'd really appreciate it.

As for the other guy with Bill Crystal was it Christopher Guest?

https://snltranscripts.jt.org/84/84ewillie.phtml
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bogtrotter

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 10:33 AM »
Correct on both counts, Taxid.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 11:44 AM »
On a side note, a couple of small streams/creeks that get stocked with brooks each year were apparently pet projects by Trouts Unlimited a few years back.
They took pristine (based on location) waterways and renovated them to open waterways.
I noticed it my first time going back after their "work" and realized that they completely changed the structure of the streams, and NOT FOR THE BEST!
They opened up the shoreline, cut back overhanging tree branches and changed residual pools/spillways so that fishing them is now literally like shooting fish in a barrel.

Where I used to be able to C&R quite a few trout, I'm lucky if I can get even one!

Some people/organizations seem to think they know better than nature, and everyone pays the price for their arrogance.

Sorry for the rant, but this reminded me of a Trout Brook in Dover and Stony Brook in Weston.
Use to be great brook trout spots that are proverbial ghost towns as far as fish are concerned
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.