FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO PREPARE FISH?  (Read 14411 times)

abishop

Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO PREPARE FISH?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 17, 2012, 03:39 PM »
i HAVE SOME PANCAKE MIX. tHINK i WILL TRY THAT NEXT FISH FRY. sOUNDS GOOD.

Cornbread

« Reply #16 on: Jul 17, 2012, 03:54 PM »
My kids love this one:

mix sour cream and egg in one bowl.
mix 1 cup corn meal with 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp pepper in another bowl.
dunk the fillet in the sour cream and eggs
roll it in the cornmeal and fry it
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

bailey63

« Reply #17 on: Jul 17, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Hey guys saw post in recent topics, i like 50/ 50 shake n bake with italian bread crumbs try different varieties but i like the parm. Fry till GBD and enjoy.
Fishing WNY on "facebook"
22' Islander "H"EYE STRUNG
Fishing is more than what I do it's who I am!!

jperch

« Reply #18 on: Jul 17, 2012, 05:27 PM »
I am pretty much with Prchmike.  I have experimented lots and have come down to using 3 parts buttermilk pancake mix with 1 part panko bread crumbs.  The pancake batter add a touch of sweetness, the small amount of panko gives some crunch without absorbing too much oil.  Dip in an egg wash, then coat with the pancake/panko mixture, then in the grease.  But actually my favorite preparation method is when somebody else cleans them - that doesn't happen often here! ;D  jperch

lehigh vally

« Reply #19 on: Jul 17, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Panco bread crumb and a little salt and pepper is all you need for some killer walleye...panco goes good with just about anything you can fry up or bake   :rotflol:

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
« Reply #20 on: Jul 21, 2012, 04:42 AM »
I use Andy's red and Louisiana lemon fish fry mixed about 50-50. Get um moist, coat um good and deep fry. The Louisiana lemon gives um alittle kick. TASTY!!!!!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #21 on: Jul 21, 2012, 02:36 PM »
fry magic batter or zatarans but i add lemon pepper and season salt to the batter before i roll the fillets.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #22 on: Jul 21, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Lets keep this rolling, still looking for help with grilling the salmon, or trout on the grill.  Anyone with any solid advice is welcome.

AKAGAZOO

« Reply #23 on: Jul 21, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Lets keep this rolling, still looking for help with grilling the salmon, or trout on the grill.  Anyone with any solid advice is welcome.
Never tried it but I heard to wrap salmon and mustard in foil and grill it that way. Sounds good?
h

wallin

« Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2012, 10:56 AM »
I've been told to completey cover in mayonaise on both sides and your other ingrediants and wrap in foil and grill. Have heard it removes all the fishy smell and taste.
I had some deep fried Coho a few weeks ago and it was great, had a cajun batter for it.

Tom
Wallin

Cornbread

« Reply #25 on: Jul 22, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Never tried it but I heard to wrap salmon and mustard in foil and grill it that way. Sounds good?

I have had mustard crusted salmon like this and it was amazing. Not sure what mustard they used but the end result was really good.
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

coachwarner

« Reply #26 on: Jul 22, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Lets keep this rolling, still looking for help with grilling the salmon, or trout on the grill.  Anyone with any solid advice is welcome.
Trout on the grill, rub the trout with fresh garlic clove, salt and pepper (or bucs seasoning) outside, fresh chives in cavity with butter slices, lay strips of maple flavored bacon on both sides of trout, wrap in foil and grill. and dont tell your doctor ;D

Walleye and panfish, i cook like this; Egg and milk wash then breaded with House Autry breading or Golden Dipt breading, you can mix with panco for different desired textures( the more panco the crispier)you can add bucs seasoning or salt and pepper if you like it seasoned.
The bacon wrapped walleye is out of this world too  :flex:

or if your a soup lover try one of these

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

perchfisherman122

« Reply #27 on: Jul 22, 2012, 08:10 PM »
For salmon on the grill, I get cedar planks at Menards in the grilling section and soak it for an hour.  Grill the cedar plank on one side just enough to make black marks. Flip the cedar plank and lay the salmon skin on the plank.  Apply a good salmon dry rub to cover the surface of the fish and close the top on the grill and cook on medium for about 10 minutes (depending on filet thickness).  Fantastic eating!!  This is a "must try" for salmon. 

Get_the_Net

« Reply #28 on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Marinade made of equal parts lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil.  Add fresh chopped rosemary and 1 clove garlic (chopped fine).  Whisk all together until the oil is emusified (sp?) with the other ingredients.  Put fresh salmon fillets in plastic bag and add marinade.  Seal and put in fridge for 1-3 hours.  Heat grill to 400 and add salmon skin side down (be sure to oil the grates to prevent sticking).  Cover and cook 6-8 minutes depending on thickness.  Remove from grill and the skin should come off with ease, be sure to remove any of the gray 'fatty' matter that is usually between the skin and fillet.  This is what usually causes the 'fishy' taste in Salmon.  It should scrape right off with a fork or spoon. 

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #29 on: Jul 22, 2012, 09:36 PM »
my spring coho's i fillet off the skin get the grill good n hot turn burners onto low slap fillets on then douse them with crushed red pepper n lemon juice. 5 minutes each side. when i batter/fry other species i also make a dipping sauce consists of ketchup,mayo,horseradish sauce. taste to licking with a lil tang in it..
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.