FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Blue Cats  (Read 2070 times)

Jig_Head

Blue Cats
« on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Heading to Missouri in the morning for some big blues!! Plan on getting into some good white bass and wiper action too. Weathers supposed to be in the mid 50s to low 60s all week. Can't wait

icecleate

Re: Blue Cats
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Good luck!  Let us know how you do when you get home.

Jig_Head

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2017, 11:06 AM »
I have actually never fished the Ohio River. I would like to,  heard there's some big blues in there.
I had a really good trip all around. Caught crappie all over the place. Deep water in the brush, deep water suspended over the brush, and even hit a couple brush piles I know of in 6ft of water. All on minnows. I tore up the white bass, largemouth, and spotted bass at the dam all on swim baits and rooster tails. Also got 2 stripers but they were both small (18 - 20 inches?). I don't even know how many blues I got lol. I would say 10 of em broke 20 lbs, two broke 30 lbs, and one over 40. If u guys know the formula for the weight the biggest cat went 44 inches with a girth of 25". Found something online that showed weight by inches  (it didn't consider girth) and it said a 44 incher would be 43.4lbs. Had 2 different spoonbill on at the dam but didn't land em. Those things are so cool looking. Jeans and tshirt weather the whole time

Jig_Head

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Is it any easier to post pictures now with the new setup or the same?

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Much much easier now for photos.

When you reply to a thread you should see an option to “add image to post” highlight ed in blue at the bottom left of your reply box. Click it pick your photo and then it’s all set. Click on the pic in the thread to expand it out for a better view.

Jig_Head

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2017, 06:58 PM »

Jig_Head

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2017, 07:00 PM »

Jig_Head

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2017, 07:03 PM »

These were the 3 biggest. Didn't have anyone with me at the time to take a pic with this one so i just got a shot of its big belly. Thanks zwiggles

tater140

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2017, 08:06 PM »
Nicely done.  Those are some great looking cats.

Jig_Head

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2017, 11:37 PM »
nice kitties there man, good job!  sounds like a good trip.  pics not on the water, did you eat them things?

ohio river and lower wabash were good for big cats years ago.  i dont know what its like these days. commercial fishing has done a lot of damage to our trophy ctafish waters across the state.  selling big fish to pay pits is to blame.
I released all the cats. I just get pics and sometimes measurements of the good ones and back they go. They were all caught on one of the docks where I was staying. I don't eat big fish, any species, its just for fun. I brought home plenty of crappie to eat. That's actually what I use for the blues there. When I clean the crappie I just save the heads for bait

Jig_Head

« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2017, 11:39 PM »

Jig_Head

« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:09 PM »
wow man! off the doc at the house!  that really makes it nice. plus crappie to play with on top of that.  sweet vacation spot you have there dude. great bait and chum :thumbup_smilie:
Yeah this place is great. I go every spring for the crappie and bass spawn and every November for cats. 2 bed 2 bath condo with living room and kitchen for 95 bucks a night. Can't beat it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.