FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fingerless gloves  (Read 2685 times)

stripernut

fingerless gloves
« on: Oct 20, 2018, 06:25 AM »
I am a big fan of fingerless gloves and now that it is getting a bit nippy again... I have been digging up my different pairs. I have found over the years that Windproof Fleece to work the best and last the longest. I have a pair (my first) from Orvis that are about 20 years old and they look it... I also have a pair of Simms and they are great. The problem with both of those gloves is the price, upwards of $50, worth it to keep my hands warm, but like all gloves, to easy to lose... Well I just got a pair of Glacier Glove Windproof Fleece Fingerless Glove and they look really good, but best of all I got them from the Giant retailer with prime shipping for under $15. I am ordering more now that I have gotten a look at them... As friends that fish with me can attest, I always carry an extra pair for them!

Mac Attack

Re: fingerless gloves
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2018, 04:41 PM »
I have a pair of these Donna bought me.
They are.......ok

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2018, 09:24 PM »
The rag wool is warm, but when the wind hits them, it blows right through and they just don't hold up as well... If you have not worn the WindProof, give them a try, lighter, warmer (even wet), windproof, much more durable and now at a reasonable price.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2018, 03:35 AM »
I have a pair of these Donna bought me.
They are.......ok

Used to get those at the Melton factory in Batavia. I have a couple pairs of fleece gloves that I used for hunting and fishing that have pockets for small hand warmers in the flip up mitton part. Love those. No idea where I bought them.

Since mangling my right pinky finger a few years ago, I have very poor circulation in it. Any sustained cold and it turns white and hurts like hell.  Couple that with arthritis in my left wrist which I smashed 25 years ago and I can't use those fingerless gloves much any more. I'm thinking of going battery powered/heated this year.

If that doesn't work, my cold weather fishing days will be over and I'll be selling all my ice fishing equipment. Much more comfortable in the little wood shop.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2018, 04:03 AM »
The picture I posted is not really what I have.
I don't have knitted wool.
They are fleece.
I wanted to simply show the fold over mitten part.
Sorry.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2018, 06:47 AM »
The picture I posted is not really what I have.
I don't have knitted wool.
They are fleece.
I wanted to simply show the fold over mitten part.
Sorry.

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2018, 07:28 AM »

Lmao 👍🏻

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2018, 10:00 AM »
d**n!

:(

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Wal-Mart has them at times ,I  think  all seasons in Pulaski along with fat nancys  runnings in cicero  most gas stations  around my area   I think they  go  10 to  15 bucks I carry  two pair with me in case I get one pair  wet (usually)  and  have  back ups at home  so I can wash them when they get fishy .....I  love them for steelhead fishing
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

ICEHOLE

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:07 PM »
glacier gloves are junk..I've had 2 sets. the tear first time u use them. first set I sent back because of fingers holes ripping first use. second set I made mistake of chiseling with them on. shredded them. would not buy again.
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Baitbucket

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:32 PM »
Allan, did you get the one with the neoprene palms or the full fleece ones?

Baitbucket

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:36 PM »
glacier gloves are junk..I've had 2 sets. the tear first time u use them. first set I sent back because of fingers holes ripping first use. second set I made the mistake of chiseling with them on. shredded them. would not buy again.

I have to admit, i highly recommended the Glacier Glove Glomitt with the neoprene palms. I had one pair for 3 or 4 years. The pair got last season, didnt make it the whole season. I had the same problem you mentioned with the seams coming apart at the fingertips. I was able to make them last for the season, and for 15$ they arent to bad to replace every season. I havent been able to find anything that is any more durable that is a glomitt with water-resistant palms (good for handling fish)

stripernut

« Reply #12 on: Oct 22, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Not the Neoprene palm ones. I will be using them as backups for my Simms, so with luck, they will last...

ICEHOLE

« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2018, 11:15 AM »
I have to admit, i highly recommended the Glacier Glove Glomitt with the neoprene palms. I had one pair for 3 or 4 years. The pair got last season, didnt make it the whole season. I had the same problem you mentioned with the seams coming apart at the fingertips. I was able to make them last for the season, and for 15$ they arent to bad to replace every season. I havent been able to find anything that is any more durable that is a glomitt with water-resistant palms (good for handling fish)

you suggested then to me!  :nono:
haha..I wont buy their product again..
I'll stick to taking my frabil xfes on and off
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

lowaccord66

« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2018, 01:18 PM »
you suggested then to me!  :nono:
haha..I wont buy their product again..
I'll stick to taking my frabil xfes on and off

I suggested you buy a purple surf rod!   8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.